Weird eczema like skin condition, not a clue what it is?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I thought coming on here and getting some advice from the community would be better than going to the doctors first. I've had this skin problem for a month now and it's starting to get worse.

All in all I'm a health lad, odd takeaway now and again but diet is good, I exercise and what not. Basically I do everything right and that's that. I've had no prior skin conditions and I've basically been one of the luckier ones who doesn't have skin problems. Happy days right?

Anyway about a month ago I started to develop what seemed like eczema on my elbows. It turned from little hard white bumps into dry and cracked skin which spread up my forearms. I went to the doctor and he gave me some creams to use on my eyes and face as it had started to spread there. The creams worked, all is good.

Anyway about 2 weeks ago, the weird skin condition is getting worse. Small red bumps that are incredibly itchy keep spreading all over my hands, forearms again, my back has started to become red and flare up. My hips, legs, thighs and tops of feet have started to get these little hard itchy white bumpbs as well. Basically I'm stuck on what to do. The most I have to wait at the doctors is 2 weeks before I can get an actual appointment. 

Has anyone ever had anything like this? From what seemed like some simple eczema on my elbows and face has just seemed to spread :c

Thanks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could also be an allergic reaction to new washing power or fabric conditioner?

Maybe try hay fever tablets to see if they help?

If it is eczema?

Have you been under extra stress lately as it can trigger it.

Hopefully they will get you some answers as that must drive you crazy itching! 😰

Go back to your doctor and ask for skin allergy tests to be done.

Good luck !

• Posted

Could it be psoriasis?    Try Googling psoriasis and looking at the images.  Your doctor may have given you steroid creams,which is always the first treatment for mild psoriasis but you may need referral to a dermatologist if it is becoming widespread over your body.      
    • Posted

I've checked all over the internet for psoriasis and it's looks nothing like it. It looks rashy and has now spread to my belly button and chest. 

I'll ring the doctors tomorrow as soon as possible and get me in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.