Weird Feeling in Head/Brain

Posted , 55 users are following.

I suffer from Anxiety and Depression. I went cold turkey off my meds which I know is very stupid. I am back on them now for 3 weeks so far but not seeing an improvement yet. I was wondering if anyone has a feeling that I am feeling. I wake up every morning with severe anxiety and feeling like I am very spaced out and not in my body. It is almost as if I am just a body taking up space. I feel like I will never get better. I have read about Depersonalization so perhaps it's that. It tends to last all day unless I don't think about it which is not very often. Could it be s brain tumor that is causing this? Is it the anxiety or Depression? How long will it take until my meds kick in. if anyone else could explain there experience if they have this that would be great. I feel like people get this but not all day. 

7 likes, 99 replies

99 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My daughter felt the same as you do, she is now into her third week of anti depressants and they are just starting to take effect. What on earth made you think that you had a brain tumour. it is all just part of your anxiety. Try to focus on something else apart from the way you feel, you say there are times when you dont think about it.  She used to feel very spaced out, and it is all part of the illness unfortuantely, but give your medication time to kick in and i am sure the feelings you have will go. 
    • Posted

Thanks Jean. I have always worried about my health so this feeling makes me think there is something wrong in my brain. It is just a very scary thing to be dealing with. I can't leave the house because I feel so spaced out and that I sm just living in a dream. I panic when I first wake up because I think I am finally gone crazy and will never get better. It's hard not to think about it because I am so worried. 
    • Posted

i have suffered from anxiety in the past andthen got off meds and was fine for 2 years and i recently just started getting anxiety , depression and everything, something triggered it all to come upon and build up i guess. but i panicked this morning when i woke up cause i felt the same thing u are feeling about spaced out and dream feeling, it is a really weird and scarry feeling , ive had it all day today but i tend to try to cope with it myself even though its hard and isnt completely gone but i try to be positive and calm , i tell myself everything is fine , im ok , im healthy , try to keep positive and happy things on my mind even though its hard to do that. but the more the worry thoughts and other stuff is away from u or out of your mind you will feel a little better. its a terrible feeling and terrible what anxiety , depression and stress can do do the body , unbelievible amount of things but its all mental and phsycological , so u gotta remind yourself and tell yourself everythings ok its all in my head and its not really happening.. medicine does help and yes it could take a couple weeks to kick in . rate now im dealing with it with nothing or at least trying to . and trying to stay busy and get out and do things and push threw it .
    • Posted

kinda feels though as if im in a fog/daze , the spaced out , not real and in a dream feel .absolutely weird feeling and it really sucks. also it has been messing up my sleeping scheduel like crazy .
    • Posted

im pushing through it too.: ) how are u so far?
    • Posted

hi Yadeed, hope you get this and you can reply to me, i have the same symptoms , and the doctors just cant seem to find the problem, i have this weird feeling in my brain, that makes so so paranoid as i always think there is something wrong with my head, but reading all of this makes me feel a little better as i now know iam not alone, have you had any improvement?please help me guys
    • Posted

Hi, I am having the same.issues ND it all started after I had my first baby 2 months ago. I can hardly go places with out getting severe and anxiety a panic attacks. I contact feel like I'm in a dream state...or like a foggy feeling. Almost like reality isnt real. I am still trying to find help. I'm hoping to start some kind of medication that will help me. Let me know if you find any relief. it is very scary and thinking about it makes it worse.

• Posted

Please watch these videos.I have been having the same problems and i did some investigations and hopefully found a way out of this mess.Hopefully it helps please pass it along

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Hi Can you tell me I have just weaken up and feel all lightheaded a nd my head feels light something is wrong inside my head
    • Posted

Can you send me videos for dealing with anxiety ?
    • Posted

Hi Mary, if by any chance you feel the same way, Vitamins B12 and D3 you can get this in your local drug store drink those that should help stablelize your brain back to normal I was feeling the same way for like 2months already but the vitamins have helped me a lot, doctors just want to give Prosac or Xanax and they just make you feel worse. But I hope your better already.
    • Posted

I used Sukrol for the anxiety, vitamins B12 and D3 and that is stablelizing my brain to normal thoughts.
    • Posted

Hi Rum222

Can you please send me the link to the video about anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.