Weird feeling in toes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not even sure what I am asking but at night, my toes tingle, burn, feel like they are curling up. The one that bothers me the most is the hammertoe repair one. The doctor took out the pin because it was starting to get infected. The only thing that helps is an ice pack. Is this normal? Is it because I don't have my foot up enough? Any ideas, suggestions? Help!

My surgery for hammer toe and big toe straightened was on January 21st. I've had a lot of problems, unfortunately and am in a hard cast at least until March 7th. cry

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I didn't have hammer toe but had my bog toes bones fused and I got pins and needles and still do I also have had my toes twitching it could be a sign that you need to put your feet up more hope this helps get well soon 

• Posted

Thanks, Cluckers. I'm so afraid that I've done something wrong and hurt them someway. I stay in bed most of the day unless I wander over to my computer which is about 5 feet away or to the bathroom which is maybe 20 feet away. Should I have a pillow under my floor more? Thanks for the support and good wishes.

• Posted

Hi there, I had my hammer toe fused and also the two small toes next to it, also my big toe aligned and bunion shaved 20wks ago I was in a hard plaster for 6wks. The little toes did feel very strange and the skin felt tight but are fine now and cause me no problem but my bg toe is still very painful. The experience that you are feeling could be perhaps cramp or maybe nerve damage but that should repair itself as time goes by. I wish you well and good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for the reply. I'm in a hard plaster cast as well and it is driving me crazy! I'm praying when I go back to the doctor that he will take me out of it. I'm so tired of being 'immobile'. I'm sure my anxiety has a lot to do with my 'discomfort' but it still worries me. I feel a bit better knowing it's 'normal'. Thanks for replying and for reassuring me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.