Weird skip beats

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am not new to skips. I have had every test know to man. No one can find anything wrong. This has been going on for years but they are very scary. I usually get them when I am at rest and calm, but I notice that is when I breathe out more then I breathe in .....I have bad anxiety as well. Most of the time I get one skip other times it's seems like it is skipping and I have to cough or move. Now the latest weird thing is when I burp I get almost a feeling like my heart stops . Magnesium helps me . I am on Inderal,klonopin

and Neurontin for restless leg syndrome . Oh and synthroid. Reassurance and experiences appreciated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hello jeanette. I   totally understand as I have them myself. They are ectopic heartbeats.  I have a loop recorder fitted inside my chest which records the beats and when  I activate it it goes straight into the hospital. This I find reassuring. They are frightening but they are harmless, and it is not easy to remember this when it is happening. I am taking magnesium and Bisopralol. Hope this is of some help to you. Ann
  • Posted

Hi Jeannette,

This forum is the most reassuring help I have found for my ectopics. I thought I was dying and my life was over when they began.  But good news!  There are so many of us who have not died and together we are finding ways to lessen them and cope til the medical community can find a cure. Keep posting and my doctor said they tend to happen to us anxiety sufferers. They will get better.

• Posted

I also suffer from palpitations. My cardiologist also told me to take magnesium. But I took it for a week and kind of felt weird. This magnesium really help you? Has had made the palpitations stop or happen less?
    • Posted

Magnesium along with inderal ( beta blocker) and Klonopin has made them less. I am also on Neurotin for restless leg syndrome .....that has anti axiiety components. Now I still skips, but they are less. Seems when I am calm and aware of my breathing they get worse
  • Posted

Hi,

I have been having worse palpatations the past three months, last week i had such a prolonged one i almost fainted. all my tests have come back ok, except i have T inversions on my ECG which ive had for years and seem to be normal for me.

The cardiologist has put me on 1.25mg of bisopralol today, i took 5mg a few years ago and they made me really tired, im hoping i can cope with the titredness as i cannot cope with these palps anymore. It's really scaring me. I just hope these pills help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.