Well, on to Accupuncture… Anyone Else Tried it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I tried acupuncture and also cupping today. The fire cupping felt so great! It really took the pressure off my shoulder and relieved the bad pain cycle I have been on this past week. I have another appointment in a few days, so  I will keep you posted. We will see!  Maybe it will help someone else here?

Just wanted to post this in case someone else was thinking of trying  something similar. I am sure tired of Cortisone injections, pills etc., I’m sure you all are too!  I have had this Frozen Shoulder for a year.. plus now. Ready for it to go away just like everyone else in this forum. 

What has everyone else tried that has helped? (Aside from Physical Therapy and that awful surgery the doctors push.)  What vitamins, alternative therapy or exercises that has helped anyone? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I did phsiotherapy physical therapy personal trainer and massage therapy.MUA worked to free it and get ROM back and the rest builds strength and mobility back.I swim and work out everyday as well.Stretching works best.My Dr said you have to keep moving it.Good luck.
    • Posted

I'm so glad something helped you. I have very dedicated to the gym for the last 7 months for my excercises, yes stretching is helpful, or at least feels good. Hopefully you are on the road to a full recovery soon. 

• Posted

The sad news is there is no cure for fs, its frustrating and painful, the good news it will heal and the pain will stop. It does take time, and any therapist who tells you they can make it better are just making money out of you, I have had mine for a year, the pain subsided around 4 months ago, and recently I was able to shampoo my hair for the first time, I have it in both shoulders and some days can be very stiff and others able to lift my arms.  Stop the cortisone it may cause more pain and not good for the joint, therapist and doctor should know this, I found hot and cold packs helped, mostly cold ones, I used a hottie, heated in microwave at night time for comfort and during the day, it is more pychological then relief as could not be without it.  I would suggest no more treatments, it will get better on its own that you can be sure of. Ibuprofen is the best painkiller and I would ask doctor  for the ones that do not irritate the stomach lining, there is new one on the market to be released in uk, may be available. 
  • Posted

No, there is no cure, even the MUA surgery has to be repeted quite often even several times  for some of us with underlying medical issues, so that is not for me.  However,  I will take ANY pain relief I can get after a year and a half of Frozen Shoulder.

The cupping or accupuncture seemes to have relieved some of the pain this morning, so that is positive and I will let everyone know what happens Friday when I go to my next appointment.  I Hope everyone feels a little better. 

• Posted

I tried accupuncture and after 2 sessions I quit. I think I was in a very painful phase of my FS and it felt at the time that the sessions were making it worse. In hindsight, I don't think it was the accupuncture that intensified pain, but as it was completely self pay for me, it certainly wasn't worth it to pay for it and feel worse. It bummed me out as I had really hoped that it would be something that would be helpful to me.

I am now in month 9 of FS, with the worst pain being months 5-8. I have had 2 ultrasound guided cortisone shots and while they were of limited benefit, I do feel that I "bought" a few degrees of improved ROM. 

I believe that my FS came on due to hormonal fluxuation and I am now doing some hormone therapy which is helping in many ways, but no direct impact on my shoulder yet. I feel that I am slowly regaining some strength and range of motion, so I am hopeful that I am now in the thawing stage of FS. I have done fish oil, tumeric (I think this is my vote for the best thing I have done for my shoulder), an anti-inflammatory diet, physical therapy and massage. It seems different things help different people depending on the severity and timeline of one's FS.

Glad that you are seeing some benefit from the accupunture! Good luck!

• Posted

The thing that helped me the most was Tramadol   But when I increased the dose I got my first migraine which sent me to a hospital and a terrible experience. The next thing that helped me the most was a portable tens unit that clipped on my pants at the waist. Couldn't have made it without that thing!

• Posted

Hi, Ive had frozen shoulder in my left now for 4 years and in the last few months it has also come into my right shoulder but nowhere as bad as the left.This all started after a car accident i was in which resulted in having to have a tendon reconstruction of my right wrist and also neck whiplash which ive also had a neck fusion in my c4 and c5 disk in the back of my neck. I still suffer terribly with severe left shoulder pain which radiates  up the front of my neck and even affects my top teeth. Ive tried steroid injections etc but these gave me no relief.Physio also but recently in desperation tried Accupuncture and after 5 treatments did get some  relief.Unfortunately with the xmas break i havent been able to go and now its all back again so im back to starting Accupunture again.Hopefully it will work again and i intend to go regularly for quite some time. I sympathise with anyone suffering this unspeakable pain. I hope it will eventually go and leave me alone for the last part of my life.Good Luck all sufferers.
  • Posted

Just an update, I have been to Accupuncture several times and it has really helped. The treatment has helped quiet a bit with the swelling and awful inflammation that I have had with FS for over a year now.  I have been on many different anti-inflammatories had multiple Cortisone joint injections and none of the medications have really helped. This is just what has worked for me, everyone is different, but wanted to post this as maybe it might help someone else.  

I wish eveyone well and speedy healing.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.