Wellness exam ALT high question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

I was not sure if I should follow this up with a doctor visit or another wellness check but I had the following results:

ALT 40 - reference 0-40 Iu/L

AST 68 - reference 0-44 Iu/L

So my AST was decently high. I actually just had this wellness test as an addition to my normal testing. I have no pre existing conditions and no normal medications. The only thing I did have was some allergies a few weeks ago and still have a cough left over from that or it may have been a cold possibly. I also do not have any type hep (was also tested for this) and rarely drink.

A separate note:

MCHC 36.1 - reference 31.5-35.7 g/dl

Aside from these everything else was perfect of the 50+ tests. Any recommendations if I should follow up?

Thank you for any and all advice or comments!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

ALT and AST fluctuate all the time, especially when physically active. AST seems a bit agitated but nowhere near high enough to be concerned.

In my personal opinion.

• Posted

hey nick ive got my ultrasound on 20th oct quickest i could get so i hope they can tell me more of whats wrong with me? cheers
  • Posted

hi nick i havnt had any of this done just waiting on this ultrasound then i can ask questions had a blood test which gp only said it flagged up a problem on my liver as i feel very un well if you un well follow it up or chat with your gp smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.