Went to Doctor today, He says he thinks it's Asthma

Posted , 4 users are following.

So Doc explained to me that Asthma, Empasema, Chronic Bronc., and whatever lung disease are all but in the same basket as COPD. They are treated with the same medicine, and just adjusted with each patient. So now he changed me from Adrovent, to Advair puffer and took the adrovent away. I told him I was confused with all of this, since my lung functions were pretty good. So this is my story for today, so hard to understand all of this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeana I can't get a staight answer either. When I  askthe nurse doing the testing and other checks never gives a straight answer! She goes on about not smoking, (I quit), Eating healthyly, (I do), exercise, (not much as I am   disabled   with       spinal    and multi joint arthritis! They read the questions from a list I think, much like a tick list in an exam!   Do  they ever stopto remember that we are all individuals, different bodies, genes etc? I feel targeted and guilty for having lived a normal life for 72 years! rolleyes 
  • Posted

All breathing difficulties categorized in COPD. For some, inhalers would get relief and for some others tabs would do. There is no permanent solution so far available. So how to get over such a situation? By self-control. Avoid allergic foods / flowers / perfumes / strong smells etc. You will get a good relief if you take Magnesium and Zinc tabs 1 each daily. You cannot avoid climate changes, but can bring under your control by taking Vitamin C tabs daily.  
  • Posted

Hi, I use Symbicort and no asthma, just the unpleasant side effect of thin skin, tap my arm and I get a nice bruise. As for the climate change, I moved to a better one as I was on so many drugs just to breathe. I was given other drugs from the hospital, and shock, surprise, I had a really bad attack two weeks later. So I get what works for me from my private doctor. Full stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.