went to hospital for left sided chest pain ecg abnormal then back to normal ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey ive been having really bad chest pains and it lead me to go to the e.r today they ran ecg test and kept saying its abnormal after like 3 readings and they thought i was having a heart attack.. my blood work troponin kept coming back normal twice and they wanted to keep me over night to see the cardiologist in the morning about my ecg. now about 2 hours later a new nurse came in and wanted to do another ecg so she did and moved the wires around different and bam ecgs all of a sudden kept coming back normal after 2 different ones. so they decided to send me home. now im weirded out by this and feel uneasy could something have been wrong and then the ecg just picked up a normal few readings or would its constantly be altered if it was bad ? or did they just not have the wires in the correct location ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

To put your mind at rest i would go to doctor and ask for an eco scan i had pains got ecg showed abnormal then doc said it was fune but sent me fir eco just to b sure turns out i have a slight leeky valve that just needs monitiring if in doupt check it out my mito hope all is well
    • Posted

thanks for the reply. gonna do a follow up with my doctor tonight and prob ask for a 24 hour ecg holter just incase.
    • Posted

ended up back in emergency today because felt worse. they said my bloods are all normal but my ecg still abnormal but doctor said nothing to worry about and sent me home AGAIN. not very happy they keep doing this but they are doctors and guess i have to listen to what they say i dunno. i read the slip she gave me what it says about my ecg is minor Twave changes in V3/4 no idea what that means....
    • Posted

Think v3 an4 means valve not 100% sure tho i would b askng for an eco.
    • Posted

kinda worried about it. gonna go to my gp tomorrow and guess demand other testing. just means i gotta deal with this pain and feeling for another few days rolleyes

• Posted

Ask for a 24hr ecg motonor or an eco scan get it checked again
    • Posted

got booked into a cardiologist on tuesday. hopefully nothing will happen in the next 4 nights 😏

• Posted

Yeah I had that same problem, 5 was done on me in 3 week period...3 abnormal n 2 norm...So my Gp sent me to A Cardiologist n Pulmonary cause my breathing was changing back n forth SO sure enough....After a CT SCAN N A ECHOCARDIOGRAM THEY FOUND STAGE 2...COPD N ATHERSCOLIS SO I WOULD SURELY HAVE TEST DONE! I HOPE THIS HELPS!
    • Posted

well i saw the cardiologist today and he was useless basically rushed me out of the door. he said because i had a stress echo a few months ago they are not worried and im to young to worry about it at 28 years old. i still feel like absolute crap and not getting better. he said yes my ecgs are abnormal but the machines say so alot 😑 i guess i have no choice but to ignore it because i keep getting shoved away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.