What Air purifier do you recommend

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am just starting the process (unfortunatley), and had my first dose of the triple ABT therapy. yesterday.  I am trying to organize myself as there is so much to do. Today I was sorting out what type of air purifier to get. There are so many...  If anyone has any suggesitons, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Judy .

Any suggestions?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Judy,

Can you tell me what ABT is? Are you in England?

Thanks

John

• Posted

Sorry about that... ABT= antibiotic therapy.

I am in New York. 

Where are you?

Judy 

• Posted

I'm in London.

What does the therapy consist of?

Anyone in England having this?

Thanks Judy

John

• Posted

Hi John,

My Diagnosis is bronchiectasis 

The three Antibiotics I am taking:  Azithromycin, Ethambutol, Rifampin......

Hopefully it won't be too bad.. this will be my first full week on them... I have to take them for 18 months.

Judy 

• Posted

Thank you

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Why 18 months if I can ask?

After that?

Apologies for the zealous curiosity

Good Luck

John

• Posted

I was just going to ask the same thing. I was thinking something something tobramycin? Antibiotic IV therapy?

As for purifiers, I am dying for a Dyson, but I have never had one. 

• Posted

Thanks Jenny.

YOu were close.. ABT- antibioitic therapy but not IV.. 

It is confusing to figure out what to get. They say avoid air purifiers that  produce ozone or ionizers that generate ions  or electrostatic precipitators as they are lung irritants.

I will chekc out Dyson.

I will keep you posted!

Thanks.

Judy 

• Posted

Oh yes, please do. I haven't been given any advice with air purifiers, clearly you are in the know! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.