What are these unhealing, tiny flesh / pink bumps / spots?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

This is a long shot but wonder if anyone knows what these spots/bumps are?

http://postimg.org/image/9oa76c87d

They appear in areas where I have deep burning, sometimes itching pain including my scalp, chest & arms. Small, shiny sonetimes a bit red. Not so much a rash just clusters & odd ones here & there. Started a year ago when I started getting unwell but most don't heal & if they do they leave a small dark mark. The same areas of skin get red & broken capillaries. It's getting unsightl but I mainly wonder if they might help work out why I've been so unwell?

Many thanks!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandy, have a look at Dermnet NZ  

Tell me more about your symptoms.  Have you seen anyone about them & what country are you in?

• Posted

Hi were you able to view the image I included? It doesn't show up for me.

Thanks for the info. I've been finding it hard to find similar spots.

Symptoms are multisystem but predominantly:

A deep burning itching pain that seems to follow nerve paths, mostly left side of chest up left side of neck, severy at base of skull, scalp, jaw, ears, either side of my spine, hips & thighs. Not like muscle aches, feels very irritated deep in tissue.

Since it started in my neck & head I've had deteriorating symptoms including:

Severely impaired consciousness (not like brain fog much more severe), disorientation, excessive thirst, hearing probs/tints, easily startled, muscle spasms, lots of new moles, darker patchrs & spots appearing in areas of discomfort, occasional clusters of pin proc red dots & bruising, power loss & numbness in shoulders & arms, sometimes throat down into chest, sometimes wake up unable to move arms, sore bleeding/runny nose, rapid weight changes despite normal diet (lost two stone suddenly in space of a few weeks, then rapidly put it back on the last couple of months), acne, rapid facial hair growth & personality change.

The hardest to deal with is the mental impairment. I've had brain fog before but this is nothing like it, it makes brain fog seem pleasant. Feel like I'm going mad.

It started a year or so ago & seems to be declininh. It's all getting too much to cope with & I'm hardcore with illnesses - I keep going with colds & flu. Rarely see a Dr.

Anyway thanks for help. I hope you are well x

• Posted

I could see the image but it doesn't really tell me anything, which is why I suggested looking at Dermnet NZ.

You mention 'lots' of new moles, surely you should be seeing a Dermatologist if that is the case.  Sometimes you just have to go and see a Doctor.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi Mandy, I am sorry to hear about all your symptoms, poor you. Out of interest are you taking any supplements or over the counter medication to deal with the problems you have?
    • Posted

Hi there, thanks for your message.

I'm on painkillers (Pregabalin, naproxen), B vitamin supplement (for B1, B2, B7 deficiency) which also has magnesium & l-glutamine, omega 3 fish oil, vit D3, pro biotics & digestive enzymes. The supplements were suggested by my naturopath. I've been getting these spots long before I started medication.

Cheers for your comments

Mandy

• Posted

Hiya, yeah seen a dermotologist. Said moles were ok but couldn't explain why I'm getting them. Didn't know what these spots are & didn't bother biopsying them.

I'm still looking through the link u sent me. Thanks

• Posted

Did you get the other symptoms after you started taking medication? Why did you start all the medication? Pregabalin can cause dizziness, bruising and weight gain for example. Have you been drinking alcohol with it? What did your doctor give it to you for? Do you have fybromyalgia? 
    • Posted

I started the Pregabalin long after the symptoms began. Was given it for the severe burning itching pain. I stopped it in favour of amitriptylin for awhile but it made no difference. I used to be a 'paracetamol cures all' kinda girl when it came to pain. But since being ill nothing seems to work well.

No alcohol. Been eating well & detoxing. I should be sparkling but I just keep getting worse.

I was recently put on vitamin supplemens after tests showed several vitamin B deficiencis & problems with gut bacteria. The omega 3 & magnesium are to help neurological symptoms.

Thank you for your suggestions.

• Posted

Amitriptyline can cause confusion, dizziness and bruising. Some of your symptoms may be due to side effects of your medications. 
    • Posted

Very true. Altho these symptoms began long before I started the medication & makes no difference if I stop it.

Thanks for your suggestions ☺

• Posted

In that case it is not the medication! Are you saying you took no medication and had all those symptoms?
    • Posted

Hiya, yeah the symptoms gradually came on. Was on nothing at the time. The meds I take now are to try and relieve the symptoms.

Cheers for your help ☺

• Posted

Hi Mandy 

i am having similar symptoms, it starts off with a red itchy patch followed by a stinging sensation after a couple of days a large watery lump appears which is unbelievable itchy and sore if this sounds like your symptoms I was told it was prurigo nodularis.

• Posted

I thought that prurigo nodularis tended to mainly affect the lower part of the body, while Mandy seems to have started with the problem on the top half. I suppose it is still possible though. 
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your input.

I don't get any large watery lumps but will look it up. Do u have lots of pain & neurological symptoms with it?

Cheers

• Posted

Hi ptolemy

I guess you can get it anywhere mine started on my arms then chest and now I have a few on my right leg.

• Posted

Mandy 

To answer your question no I do not get a any pain just irritation. I guess we have different medical problems. Hope someone out there has the right answer for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.