What can be causing my lower back pain when I sit? MRI was negative

Posted , 4 users are following.

I been having lower back pain for about 5 years now. It hurts the most when I sit. The longer I sit the more it hurts. It also hurts when I stand in one spot too long too. About 2 years ago I seen a pain management docor who gave me 2 mris and they was both negative. She said she rarely sees perfect mri's and she said she rarely seen a mri as perfect as mine. She said she dont know what can be causing the back pain and just told me to exercise. She kept repeating over and over again that my mri is perfect as if she was trying to get me angry or something.

I recently went to a different hospital to get a 2nd opinion. It turns out She was working at this hospital too!! She said she works at this hospital now and she remembered me. She made a comment saying "you tried to get a 2nd opinion and wind up with the same doctor". I was hoping maybe her attitude changed but it didnt. She did order me another mri later this month but once again she said she never seen a mri as perfect as mine 2 years ago. She also refered me to the neurologist at this hospital too.

What should be my next and what can be causing my lower back pain? Its very frustarting not being able to sit and I'm only 29. Another question should I see another doctor cause I have another appointment with this pain management doctor next month

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could be a squillion and one reasons. Diet and exercise being the vast majority of most problems. If you don't exercise all that much try something like swimming regularly, a great way to strengthen back muscles without gravity placing strain that stops you being able to exercise. Cycling's another possible one. As for sitting you could try super expensive chairs with excellent lumber adjustments. Diet wise, detox with juicing tons of fruit n veg every day for a month.
  • Posted

oh and yoga aswell, loads of pelvis correcting yoga positions search them on youtube.
  • Posted

Hi I can relate to your Lower back pain while sitting I have been dealing with it for 5yrs and have tried everything I can think of I see your post is a yr old what did you finally find out thanks Karla

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.