What Color Should I Get My Cast?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm getting my regular cast on Tuesday (finally it seems, even though it'll only have been a week since surgery, but I've had issues with my surgical cast)...

What color should I get? It doesn't have to be just 1, so I'm open to things like stripes. My favorite color is purple, but I'm not sure if I want to be in purple for 6 weeks, which it'll probably be since I'm getting the surgical cast off early.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I had a purple cast, I like purple too and it really cheered me up every time I looked at it over those long 6 weeks. I got compliments when I put photos of it on Facebook too!
    • Posted

Was it ever dreary to you? Cast purple is just so dark (I tend to go towards lighter purples)...maybe I could put stripes on it...like pink or blue or something. I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

• Posted

I guess it all comes down to personal taste, I liked the rich colour. I've tried to attach a photo - don't know if it will work. Stripes would definitely be cheerful smile

• Posted

I'm all about color...like, color...bold, in your face, fun times color. That purple would be the perfect purple for a pair of leggings or a top, going along with a brighter top/bottom...I mean, I've got leggings, a favorite pair that have teal and magenta in them...and another favortie pair that's green with orange and pink flowers.

So...maybe purple with stripes of a lighter color. I just feel like that purple would make me depressed.after awhile. Like, I'd be enamored for a bit of time, and then end up absolutely hating it cause it was too boring.

• Posted

What color stripes?

I've thought about electric green, orange, light pink.....

• Posted

From what you've said, the brighter the better. Like the idea of electric green & pink. 

• Posted

Mine is a removable cast which is bright orange with a white trim. I would have had stripes if it were possible - maybe purple and orange.... lol

• Posted

Lucky you for having a removable cast!! Purple and orange? I've thought about that actually...not really sure why -- I don't really like orange a lot haha.

• Posted

Apparently i have a removable cast as it was a very serious break and the swelling was horrendous. Now 3 months later i can exercise gently with the cast off. Bliss.

​This photo was taken as my cast was being made and i have to say it is bright. Everyone always comments on it - previously i was given red and it looked like a fur trimmed Christmas boot!

​I have to say mine cheers me up.

• Posted

That's fun! And I'm not big on orange.

How exactly do removable casts work anyway?

• Posted

I think the idea is that any swelling can be accommodated more easily with a removable cast as it can be tightened or loosened using the velcro fasteners.

I am allowed to gently exercise it after a few weeks and apparently helps it more than it just being confined in one place.

​Orange goes with my hair and my handbag, so people often comment on it.

• Posted

Interesting.

My current tote is silver (and yes, it is truly a tote, not a purse, not a handbag, not a clutch...a bonafide tote!), so anything and everything would go with that. And my hair is black...nothing special about that lol. But I see what you mean smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.