What do you take?

Posted , 9 users are following.

OMG.........the last few days have been terrible ....waking up with what I can only describe as acid reflux!!!!

full of wind ?!. At the moment I'm taking Gaviscon double action..... Which has helped abit I guess?.

BUT I get terrible bouts of sickness on random occasions where I haven't been sick but cough so badly?

i know it's a peri symptom as I'm getting it an awful lot lately? 

What do you take when this happens to you?im at a loss as to what else I can/or could take I honestly think I have to ride it out?? .

when 1symptom subsides another pops up? ...

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This will make you laugh. I woke up last night with strange feelings of indigestion and took gaviscon.too! Some nights are good some bad

Not sure sure what else to do but gaviscon works...the things we go through....there is light at the end of the tunnel though...

• Posted

Hey, thanks for the reply Hun.....

i used to get this before a period or on a period once in a blue moon!!!!!!!...

those were the good ole days.......heeeeeyyyyyyyyy

have a period for few days then back to normal.......god if only NOW I'm lucky if I go just a day without having just 1 peri symptom!!!!!!

im only 46.... Feel as though I've aged since hitting the peri stage........x

• Posted

That's peri for you! There are no rules to how these symptoms behave and they are unpredictable. I get bad bouts of heartburn and gas. It's awful! I don't know what to eat. Right now I've been getting the build of pressure and gas in my chest area which is so uncomfortable and scary because sometimes I think it could be my heart which sets off my anxiety. It's a crazy roller coaster ride with one vicious turn and twist after another.
    • Posted

Well let me reassure you, that feeling we get when we think it's our heart is called etopic beats it doesn't cause any risk and we are not having a heart attack...I had a bout of this sensation on Friday I have had a few but this happened again when I was on my way to work. I diverted to the GP and he told me this after doing all the Obs. Now I think I will know how to deal with it when it happens again.. On Friday I went home after GP visit and spent te rest of the day in bed as that episode just took the strength out of me.

Have a good day...take care!

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing this. It is definitely reassuring. You know how the mind plays all these tricks on you? Then the anxiety kicks in.
  • Posted

And another thing ladies........

come the afternoon as well as feeling sick.......I get/ become really really extremly tiereddddddddd.

so so tired anyone get this too?

had 10 mins nap but still tired...

• Posted

Yes I do and it frightens me. My eyes get dry and burn and sometimes I'm this way for hours. I never used to get tired like this. You imagine all sorts of horrible and worrying things. It seems to be a common symptom of peri but it's not nice when it happens. My anxiety is bad enough.

Lol, what is that saying about coming back as a man. Yep, that's a good idea..maybe lol. 

• Posted

Hi Shelly I found ginger helped with both the sickness and acid reflux.

I did try lansoprazol for the acid but it was still there a bit. The ginger (2 capsules before meals and ginger tea made with fresh ginger) worked a lot better.

I'm now post meno and on HRT but I'm always full of wind.

If you are lucky one symptom stops then another starts but at some points there a few years ago I was just getting something new every week and nothing going away.

The acid reflux was horrible and continuous for a while there. I hate taking medications but I had to go to the doctor with it in the end.

I still drink a ginger cordial a couple of times a day but these days because I like it rather than for symptoms.

• Posted

Shelly, I think thats the most annoying aspect to peri is the relentless nature of the syndrome, one thing ends and another one comes.  I get the indigestion, the last few days its been better but yesterday it was hot flashes all day. ALL DAY. 
  • Posted

I have a small hiatas hernia which isnt a good thing to have now but what makes me worse is too much caffeine that really kicks the heartburn off and too much fat or chocolateI find drinking as much water as i can helps with the digestion etc x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.