What do you take to help with CFS?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Do you find any supplements help??

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Vitamin C has kept colds and flu away.  That, in turn, helps everything!  However, I know of none that are aimed specifically at ME/CFS.
  • Posted

I could not function without the supplements I take. Finally after years of trying everything I have found I can live near a normal life. Daily I take vit c, b complex, pro biotics, vit d and flax seed oil. Whenever anyone around me has a cold I up my vit c and take echinacea. Us lemon ginger and honey drink. I haven't had a cold for 2 years which is amazing. I also have apple cider vinegar mixed with water and honey.

• Posted

Absolutely. Complex B vitamin is crucial and vitamin C to help build the immune system back up. There is also a correlation between sufferers and low iodine levels. I also take zinc.
  • Posted

Lindt 85% chocolate after a study done by Uk Medical research team. Who cares if it works, it tastes great.

my GP has me on Vit D

• Posted

Hi Wknight and Megga; actually I feel that you may have hit the nail straight with the "chocolate"; as I have found that I have developed a HUGE craving for chocolate, especially at night time.  I have never been one for liking sweet things overly, in the past; however, this is something that has been with me for quite a while now..

?As to the "energy boosts", I do feel that there is something that I have every day (& have done so for the past few years), is Berrocca Multivitamins.  It contains ALL the essential vitamins and minerals that we need, and I buy them in a Dissolveable format, which I put into my water bottle. Even my husband says they help him working outside in the heat  (he gets cramps at night without them), but says NO trouble now that he has this extra as well as other rehydration drinks.

?Could be worth trying to see if you can buy similar where you live (I am in Australia).                                       Bron

• Posted

I'm limited on what I can have as i'm also T1 diabetic.

• Posted

Hi You need to get your B12 and Vit D checked by doc regularly, deficiency in these causes so many problems mine keep dropping and I cant function unless my B12 is over 600 level.
    • Posted

Not long had my blood test, don't know what the levels are all the doc said was, they're all normal.

• Posted

If you wanted to Megga you can get copies of your blood tests at the surgery mine cost 10p each, You can see what doc has checked for, Plus I note everything down in my diary how I feel and what supplements im taking, found it helpful.
    • Posted

Will do that, my wife was on at me to sort a diary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.