what is going on with me now??

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all I get health anxiety and u have been coping brilliantly the last 6 months since weaning myself off my medication and enjoying life generally without all the usual worries.

but the last few days wow I don't know....

I have been feeling nauseous and an upset stomach, my muscles shoulders neck hurt and funny feelings headaches and generally not feeling right now I am putting it down to these things some positives and 1 negative what do u think

1 started new job couple months ago in a wedding dress shop I love it but boss has realised I am good at running things but has become over friendly I think as in she tells me everything financially how not great shop is doing, and other stuff about her personal life etc etc that I really don't need to know and she is basically insecure and dramatic so as well as me doing everything in the shop now nit just sales assistant I have to listen to her and also she talks about other staff member in bad way - is this dragging me down I love running the shop but think it was all done the wrong way so maybe extra pressure on me as it's also struggling

2 I have started a little business from home as well I make glitter glasses and accessories word art prints and other bits and I am doing brilliantly so busy and I enjoy it - but is it coz I doing well again extra pressure and being busy - but I love doing it

3 because of the 2 above things I am stuck in that rut again of work home and no in between.

4 the negative one - Saturday night friends and lots and lots vodka I suffer bad with hangovers but is it possible the vodka and anxiety are causing me to still feel like this

oh and joined a slimming world club doing great but had a week of not eating so great - upset my system maybe

I am also thinking probably all my over thinking and the worry of omg what if it's more than just feeling crap and it serious

oh see what am I doing to myself

sorry I know that's epically long winded hope it makes sense if nothing else it's off my chest lol but any suggestions would be fab.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh and in the week had stinking cold wasn't 100% better before the Saturday friends late night and drinking wouldn't of helped would it x
  • Posted

hey kattie marie ,

It is so good of you to have succeded stopping medication and get over it once,

It must be difficult at work but from your text you seem really strong person and believe you will make it if not you will make it later . 

Did making your art help you get over anxiety

You can send us a link to see what you do if it is online . sounds interesting.

It is very bad to hear nasty comments about coworkers from your boss. It must be very uncomfortable . 

Do you think this person will be angry if you tell her you dont like this behaviour?

How do other people there cope with her ?  

• Posted

hi thankyou for your reply. work wise with my boss it's only me her and this other lady that she's talking about. OK the other lady is getting a bit naff at her job and has been talking about my boss and the company behind her back so it is all her own doing however, I was taken on as a sales assistant and basically I have ended up running the whole shop I really don't mind but I do mind being taken the mick out of and for granted especially as my wages don't cover what I am doing.

I am the sort of person that will listen and help anyone but I let it play on my mind even when I am not there. people that moan but that can do something about the situation wind me up the most and my boss would be devestated if I told her to basically shut up lol.

doing my art stuff helps it distracts me and I have spent years trying things to build my own little business and I seem to have found it but I don't want to get to that can't be coping with it all stage because other things are dragging me down so I try to forget it and stay positive. I have a page on Facebook

I am quite a strong person my anxiety taught me that as I can't let it ruin my life but we all have our bad days don't we.

I just don't know what to do for the best x

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I dont know what to suggest for the job because i had the same problems at my previous job .i did 5 different jobs in my previous job including the accountant and bathroom of 20 workers cleaner :D . and the fact is that these people have so much money they could so easily hire at least a cleaner for this crap.

After a time i understood i was taken advantage of i just stopped doing some things without asking .

They knew they needed me and if they made complains about cleaning for example i would tell them off . so they just ignored it . 

But i noticed when i was in a good mood in general i didnt care about the job and coped better. 

But we can not always be fine as you mentioned. 

And accepting this is a good step .

It must be strange working in a wedding dress shop . You will see happy ,enthusiastic ..worried stressed brides . .. it will be interesting for sure ! 

Hope you feel better soon . Life gets difficult and because we have to work we have to face negativity whether we choose it or not. 

so be brave and good luck with all ! 

And i believe people who are sensitive maybe suffer some times of anxiety but this sensitivity can make us feel very intense good feelings too .

So maybe we are lucky at least life is by no way boring :D Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.