What is MMI or impairment rating ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was shot in my leg last year and my case has finnaly closed and my doctor has to fill out a form with a percentage called impairment rating or MMI. I m curious what is it for ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello:

Basicly when they need a Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI) they are looking  to find how limited are you to work due to the injury or illness. Depending on such rate/percentage the pertinent authorities deciding your case will determinate if you are eligible, and in what ammount, for Impairment Income Benefits (IIBs).

I hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks , so if I'm eligible for (IIBs) is that a lump sum or monthly benefits ?

• Posted

Any time;

You will be getting a total of three payments per each impairment percentage rating you get.

So if you get an eighteen percent rating that would be 18 * 3 = 54 weeks of pay.

To answer your question: Is up to you to decide the type and method of payment you want (Lump sum or a monthly payment).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.