what is the highest dose for Zoloft?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi last week something made me really upset and sad. i cired  for about 30 mins and just had suidial throughts. I am on 50mg of zoloft and i feel like i can't make it anymore. what is the highest dose i can get for zoloft 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunetly our medication is not going to fix us totally.

Do you go to therapy?  Therapy helps me alot..to have someone to bounce my feelings off of...to vent....

Also at my place of therapy they have support groups...and I hope that...going to them will help me to meet new people and see people that have worse problems so that I don't feel so awful about mine.

Keeping busy is really hard...but if you can get out one time a day and do something for yourself....even buy something comforting to eat...you will feel better.

Alot of people say take a walk...I agree with that too...it is hard thou to take a walk when you don't have the motiviation...But if you are able too...you will be surprised at how much "lighter" you feel.

• Posted

I just looked up Zoloft(sertaline) on internet for you. It said starting dose is 50mg, then maintenance dose is 50mg to 200mg so your doctor could increase it, but you mustn't increase it by yourself. Ask the doctor.
    • Posted

Hi i talked to the school therapy today and their helped me write a social story on what my problem i am having trouble with right now. I requeted i see this therapy weekly. my teacher is working on it. (hopefully) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.