What is this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. I've been suffering from wrist/finger problems for a while and would like some advice. I have been to my doctor and had a blood test done to rule out rhuematism. I'm going back sometime this week for the results. My mum says this is RSI but I'm not sure.

About six months ago now, I was playing a computer game for about six hours. I took a break halfway through to shower but when I was done my wrists were burning. And painful. Over the next couple of days the pain spread to my fingers. It burnt and ached. However a few days later I put ice on my wrists and the pain went away and it felt so much better. I was careful with my hands and wrists after that and did not play games for a good week or so. The next week I did but with regular breaks and for no longer than a few hours. I was playing ona DS and shaking out my hand seemed to help, my fingers felt a bit stiff. I was on holidays from college at this point and didn't play any games at all and only typed when I had to do homework. At this point the pain was achy and burny and did travel up my forearm to my elbows on both side, being worse in my right side my preffered one. Ice, warm water and rest helped as well as taking Vitamin D(I am low in it). Resting helped me feel better, however as soon as I had to type again at college it hurt. I got a wirst brace and Voltaren Gel and they helped for a while. The brace doesn't seem to be helping as much as it did, and the gel only takes my pain away for a few days, although they both still help. My mum recently needed help moving things and that gave me more wrist pain, that raidated up my arm for a day. I have to type for my college course. The pain seems to come from my wrists since when I use the Voltaren there the pain in my hands also goes away for a few days before coming back. I can strech my hands out but it can hurt my finger joints: most of my hand pain is along my finger joints on my palm side and by my thumb. My greatest fear is that this is some type of arthritis or I've left it too long to be treated and it's uncurable. The pain is in all my hand joints, and there is no numbness. Can anyone shine some light on what this is? I'm thiniking that this is tendonitis.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also I can't find to edit this poat but I should also include that when I strech my pinky I feel like something pop inside that finger.
  • Posted

I don't know what it is. Swap mouse buttons and use your left hand. Or right If you're left-handed. That was exactly what I did when my wrist became stiff. If it's uncomfortable for you - use trackpad. Let your impaired muscles be idle for sometime
  • Posted

Thank you, I will see what I can do. I got my

blood test resulta today, the good news is no rhuematism or arthritis smile. My doctor think's ot's RSI but just told me to take pain relief...should I go back and talk about how I think it's my tendons and for more help? I cried when talking about it and when I left. I'm still really scared I've left it too long and this will never go away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.