What is this rash??

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had a pink, itchy rash all over my body for the past few days. It started around the back of my armpits and spread to my lower back, hips, neck and stomach. The next day it started showing up on my thighs. Now it's on my knees and feet. It will clear up in some areas and then show up on different areas, and then clear up in those places and show back up in the previous places where it had cleared up, sometimes it will be on all areas at once. I've never had a problem with rashes before so it's kind of freaking me out that it's all over my whole body. I've had really bad allergies for the past few weeks (runny/stuffy nose, itchy/watery eyes).. Could that be causing the rash? It looks like maybe it could be hives but I've never been allergic to anything before and I haven't changed my diet or soaps that I'm using..

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you been to your GP?  

Do you feel well otherwise?

If the rash is spreading quickly, you should go to a Pharmacist or a GP for advice.

Good luck

• Posted

I feel fine except for my allergies that I've had for several weeks. Just a runny nose, sneezing, and itchy eyes. I am really trying to avoid a doctor if possible because my insurance isn't great and I don't have the extra money to pay out of pocket.

• Posted

I know how you feel but if gets worse go to the doctor
  • Posted

This is exactly how mine started. I had never had a rash like this before. Then suddenly and for no apparent reason, it began with random red patches and itching. Unfortunately, it did not get any better and now I have suffered with this for over a year. If you read my post, you will see that I was tested for almost everything and nothing showed up. For this reason, doctors call this condition chronic idiopathic urticaria. At the moment, I am taking 4 antihistamines per day in addition to some other tablets, just to control this thing! It has affected every aspect of my life. The good news for you is that in most cases, this condition clears up within the first year (maybe even much sooner if you are lucky). Doctors tell me I am one of the unlucky ones who might have to life with it for some years, maybe forever. Take an antihistamine (such as telfast) and see if this helps your condition. If it does, then it is either an allergic reaction to something, or else urticaria (hives). Let's just hope that it doesnt become chronic. Hope that helps.

• Posted

I forgot to mention, since you have a runny nose and watery eyes, an antihistamine will most likely treat your symptoms. They are very safe and relatively cheap so go buy one (as I said, I use telfast), and see if that helps you.
  • Posted

I had gone through this problem long time back when I was just 26 yrs of age. Itchy urtacarial eruptions all over the body started all of sudden and remained so for one to two hrs and then cleared up without any medication and some times  with some antihistamine. Later I found a syrup (anti allergic) due to which this problem cleared up a bit earlier. I went through this problem for about a year and then it got cleared up totally.

In view of above I suggest you to try some antihistamine and some may suit you. I am it will get cleared up in due course. Wishing you the best.

• Posted

I've had chronic idiopathic urticaria for three years it started with rash in neck and spread and got worse every year.  I just got diagnose last month.  If it gets worse don't make the mistake i made by taking prednisone for almost a year off and on only for it to keep coming back you can try it once for some it works.  I wasted a whole year doing that.  Hopefully it can go away soon because it is very difficult to live with the sooner diagnosed the the better.  I am getting an injection soon called zolair hopefully that will be the end of my troubles.  

• Posted

Please let us know how you go with the Zolair, because this is my next option, and probably the final option for relief. The past few days my rash has been very bad and at completely ranbdom times. Just when I think I am getting better, it gets worse again.
    • Posted

Yes i definately will it could take up to two injections they say bfore we see the diff but i'm hoping its right away I feel like i can't live like this anymore if this doesn't work. 

• Posted

R u trying a low histamine diet you can find it online doesn't cure but it helps 

• Posted

I've had two xolair shots so far CIU and it's not helping at all.  I'm miserable can't take it anymore. It's spreading everywhere. I wasn't serious but I told my doctor I'd rather get in my car shut the garage door and turn on the car!  Just kidding but this is how I feel when I'm covered in it. Four months now non stop. 

• Posted

That is upsetting. Yours seems to be much worse than mine, but I can relate to the feeling when it hots hard and the otching becomes unbearable. 14 months now for me. I am counting every day hoping it will stop, but as I said before, just when I think it is getting better, it gets worse again randomly. My Telfast doesn't seem to be having much of an effect anymore and I am not sure whether I should try a different antihistamine.

• Posted

That's how I feel alot of times i have to work with this also which makes it even more difficult have you tried low histamine diet.  I hope it will help me.  I'm serious don't know what i will do if this doesnt work 3 years for me now one day i will be on my wits end.  I feel bad for you but hang in there it could take up to three shots and continue taking anti histamine to.

• Posted

you sound so much like me i take two 20 mg of reactine a day i think what helps me is a loe histamine diet as possible but i still break out and becomes unbearable sometimes grrrrrrr i wish this desease or whatever this is would be recgonised as a disability so we can take care of ourselves this is something very real and serious and it seems that doctors take it so lightly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.