what is wrong with me? :( please help :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

i think i have a heart condition but my ECG's and chest xray were clear.

my pule will for no reason go fast (about 120) then after a while it will slwo down.

i can feel it slow dowm!! i see a pulse in my eyes then it wil slwo down, its really odd to describe.

at the moment its 96BPM @ 15.16pm - 112BPM @ 15.23pm - 104 @ 15.26pm

pleasse help, whats causeing them?

mu pusle when relaxed is ually 72-74bpm sad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking your pulse after exercising or vigorous movement? If so this is quite normal. Our heart rates reflect what we are doing, at rest normal heart rate resumes. However with an ectopic heart such as mine I can expect to go high and as low as 45, this makes me feel crappy but I know in a few seconds it raises again after it's missed a beat.  If you're doubly worried go back to your GP but remember anything under 120 is perfectly normal 
    • Posted

this is while im sitting at my desk in work  sad

• Posted

il will also have a short pause inbetween beats then slow down a little, then speed back up again

• Posted

You could be inducing them with anxiety... I'm sitting here however studying and I had a run of them but they sharp disappeared, I had a big glass of water which tends to work for me. Are you drinking sufficient? Dehydration can cause them 
    • Posted

im actually drinking fizzy water :-/

can anxiety cause a very fast pulse? i thought anything over 100 was very bad and a sign i needed to go to the A&E/Docotre?

• Posted

I'm a nurse, honestly 120 is higher end of normal. If it were around 200 I'd be sending you off, yes anxiety can cause a higher pulse as can infection or illness. Ask to be referred to a cardiologist if you're still unhappy 
    • Posted

ive seen a cardiologist and am waiting for my results as i wore a monitor for 6 days.

i had an ECG and chest xray 2 weeks ago and that was ok they said.

its just so stange....im sitting here working and all of a sudden i can feel my heart beating fast (last week it was 137bpm for an hour then went to 112) im not worrying about anything then it happens,,,,then i worry!

are the pauses ectopics?? as i uauslly feel a thud im my chest with them, with the puases i done feel them

• Posted

HI welcome 

sorry to meet yu here BUT remember we are not doctors so can NOT diagnose you..justb sufferers mostly of AFib (arrythmia) and siome heart conditions ,,BUT it sounds to me as you MUST go see a Cardiologist MAYBE TWO and explain your symptoms ...Maybe you have a heart problem maybe stress BUT a CARDIOLOGIST will diagnose you and 2 or 3 opinions is better than ONE

Goood luck

You never mentioned your age ?

• Posted

i have seen two cardiologist, a thyroid doctor (cant think of the name lol) my ECG are apprently normal, chest xray normal, im just waiing for the results of the holter monitor.....

im 32 and this all started after i had my son in april 2014.

im so scared that my heart will just stop and ill die sad

• Posted

Relax!  That is nothing.  Mine use to beat over 200 bpm. Stress will do crazy things. Both those readings are not bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.