What is your worst flare experience?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm not sure if I've had my worst flare of IBS or food poisoning?

I woke up, I'd had a sore tummy prior, cramps and gas.

But when I went to the toilet i was in awful pain like someone was stabbing my insides with a hot poker stick.  

Only three tiny poops came out full of mucus.

Then about 30 minutes later after I ate, I had a full on attack, I had to run to the bathroom, it wasn't diaherroa but it was thin snake like poop and lots of it but the cramps were killing me, I was sweating, and sore, I couldn't breathe.  Then after about 30 minutes I felt I could hop of the toilet then after eating a plain banana - it happened all over again, terrible cramps, snake like poop.  Yesterday was one of the worst days I've ever experienced, I then had an awful headache, and couldn't eat for fear of explosive poop.

I managed to eat rice and a baked potato for dinner with no ill effect.

Does this sound like IBS?

I went to the Dr and of course he's perplexed.

He said could be IBS could be food poisoning!

Not sure what will happen today as I've just woken up - going to eat rice for breakfast and maybe I should cut back on the coffee and bread oh and pasta.

Anyone experienced anything similiar?

I'm at my wits end with IBS!

Thank you x

0 likes, 83 replies

83 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds like me when I have a bad flare with diverticulitis. The last one was brutal. After warding one off for about 7 months I ate spagetti on my "do not eat list" also the next day pizza.. same list... the following day.. I ate about a half a jar of pickled okra. It was the worst attack I have ever had. After speaking with my doc thinking I may have a couple of issues going on. First one a food allergy which causes my intestines to become inflammed and swollen and then one thing leds to another... I am going to be tested for food allergies next week. Already know I have diverticulous.. so with trial and error I can figure out what to avoid to not set off another trigger of problems. She said surgery is not always a cure.
  • Posted

Hi

Sounds like it. Pain is brutal but I also have divertivulosis. So I never really know. It dounds like you are having constipation. Maybe you need a cleanser or laxative or stool softener.

Vivian

• Posted

I have that regular,it's terrible!! Since I've had a UROSTOMY BAG!! I get chronic pain down the left side like trapped wind, then I feel it bubbling away,then BOOM!! Loads& loads of snake like poo!! Feel actually WORSE when it's out!! Have to take to my bed for a couple of hours cos I feel so drained!! Good luck& keep going,xx
  • Posted

I mainly have stomach pain with constipation with IBS.  In the beginning I had soft motions as well but now the pain is not so sore and I don't take much medication.  Food has no effect on my symptoms.
  • Posted

I should state I've done all tests and had a CT Colonography so everything else ruled out! How do they test for diverticulitis???  I'm too scared to eat today,
    • Posted

The ct with contrast is how they rule out diverticulitis, did they do contrast? Get your ct and report.
    • Posted

Also the barium you should have drank.
    • Posted

Do you guys get a feeling of bloating in or under the stomach on left side, feels like a tumor. My GI told me she thinks it could be over growth of bacteria in the lower bowel or gas trapping in the fold of my large intestines under my stomach. When i have the bloating feeling which I have had for approximately 3 months straight now with lack of energy unable to work out and a constant feeling of having to go to the bathroom but it is not a normal urge. Seems like my digestion slows down and food gets stuck and I cannot pass gas but my bowels seem to be okay, sometimes they are soft but never any diarrhea if I fast and don't eat for 12 hours or more the feeling goes away in my stomach and seems to go to my lower left intestine almost like a pulled muscle feeling or slight burning, anybody have any ideas, pretty sure it's the beginning of irritable bowel I have been a lot of stress lately and started out with GERD a while back but control that with diet I'm not overweight I dont drink much and dont smoke, am a firefighter in pretty good shape I do all the stuff that stated to do with GE at 47 years old and 190 lbs, i diet and exercise, just recently found a small one to two milimeter lesion that they say maybe a cyst in my liver and kind of worried about that along with my stomach just hope its not cancer going to get an upper GI tomorrow but they would not do an upper and lower at the same time pretty sure that's because they want to make double their money when I pay my copay again for the lower I'm so sick of these doctors not knowing what the hell they're doing or knowing and just not caring. Just want to know im not alone with these symptoms.
    • Posted

Your GI is most likely Correct...overgrowth of bacteria developing gas...what did she suggest as a remedy? How was the 1 to 2 cm spot on your liver diagnosed? Regardless, this should be evaluated and diagnosed...perhaps sooner a fecal parasite assay?

If GI is correct, some hand massage in a circular motion "might" help.....start from your appendix area, gradually and lightly (don't press) run your hand up the ascending, transverse, and descending colon.....don't over do it...just a minute or two (some tap their fingers in the concerned area) ...I suspect youll find  it  "tender/sensitive" on your descending colon even when you are not experiencing discomforts in this area. I use fermented foods and probiotics in an attempt to rebalance bacteria. And while waiting for further liver investigation, I'd try using milk thistle 100mg pre bedtime.

Liver is our primary filter...between it and the kidneys they metabolize everything...keep them "clean"...only  clear, fresh, filtered water. In summary,  suspect you know most of the above..so perhaps this is a friendly reminder. Here, upper and lower scopes are Not done within the same centers but ours are nearby...upper endoscopy center and colonoscopy center.

• Posted

Sounds like you know what your talking abt, thank you. by thy way i may have written it wrong but the spot on liver is in mm, so small but yes it was a ct with contrast and i am waiting for second opinion from a better radiologist. I will do the milk thistle, tried it before and it made me feel kind of sick is that normal should I try it again. I have also asked abt parasites. What do you know if systemic fungases?
    • Posted

Just a tad re systememic fungus..surprised you had a milk thistle reaction so go lightly this second trial..we use capsules vs other..even then not overly certain of "content"..excellent that you get 2nd opinion..understand mm, but thanks for corfirm.

You've had endoscopy revealing Gastritis..biopsy taken to rule oOut HPylori?

You might consider either DGL lozenges or Slippery Elm,..G patients use either, some take 15 minutes pre each meal, while others only after meals the moment "troubles begin"..Depending on cause, if possible, some simple protocols have shown complete recovery. I am biased..do not suggest PPI's except during the

Various HP treatments. Bismuth instead..not liquid but lozenge.

I almost failed chemistry..but. can comprehend numbers..if stomach acid normals are between 1 -2 PH..and PPI's can elevate to almos 7PH...know well the Salmonella Toxin survives atj 3.7PH,

Personally won't take the risk. Good luck with the colon scope,I prefer the "virtual colonoscopy" but its a battle with those who must pick up the tab...and the standard scope here is done by a

GI, thus can do only biopsy and polyp snipping..So I'd miss these two procedures if I have polyps..then hopefully they would be located in the sigmoid..sigmoidoscopy works for me vs a full invasive exploration with risks of perforation. But we cannot always win our battles, must make a choice..do the fast and prep best possible, tell GI "Guido" in the pin stripe suit is outside waiting ..

• Posted

Haven’t seen you around, must have volunteered to assist your firefighting buddies in Tianjin.

You didn’t err re cm vs mm…was my error typing cm’s…had been doing a ton of Measurements and without a thought..bingo typed cm vs mm, while knowing the Spot was mm and not cm.

Some recent collaborative discoveries by Manchester and US Researchers regarding “signals to and from bone marrow via the gut flora” towards M1 and M2. (M1 is our immune inflammatory response to an insult, and M2 is  our anti inflammatory response). Quite a turnabout…most scientists have been convinced the monocytes two opposing actions i.e.  “Protect (M1) or “Repair” (M2) were chosen at the insult site. But,  signals from our gut bacteria to the bone morrow is what programs the appropriate action.Science Daily june 2015 “how a gut feeling for infection programs our immune response”

• Posted

Thanks very much for all your info and help you made mention of volunteering tianjin, I'm a firefighter paramedic in Florida, United States. Yes I have been tested for H pylori by blood work and always negative this time he did take 3 biopsies with the upper GI and one is for H pylori I had him go farther into my small intestine to take a sample there too. When I get my results I will let you know. By the way what milk thistle product do you use. Also when you say bismuth do you mean Pepto Bismol and when are you saying to take that when I have a flare up. Thank you for your time
    • Posted

I'll pm you with sources per your request since it's not allowed..considered "promotions or advertising". Bismuth lozenges,..not the liquid....allow the chewable to disolve slow.

I gathered you knew more than most med students....excellent you've obtained a biopsy of the duodenum....for others..the PH is greater there than any other location in the stomach...and this is where bad guys hang.

I'll try and post some additional info a tad latter...your headed for11pm......and I've an appointment...

• Posted

Bismurh..1 or 1/2 tab pre bed time, purpose to protect stomach lining from low PH. OPTION 3 mg melatonin, not for sleep but it slightly reduces acid.

Based on your stated symptoms plus gastritis, you have gastroparesis. No meds needed just savy the process of food (chyme) at the bottom of your stomach, not transiting to your duodenum quickly. Smaller meals, easy digestive foods, etc. Together we can program remedy for your gastritis..can I assume "mild gastritis"?

While at LE, pick up some pure glutamine. But don't take untill

you have biopsy results..re adequate dosage..and do not open, it oxidizes quite rapidly.4 to 6 gm probably x 2 or 3 daily..to accelerate healing although oncologists use to combat the nasty

Chemo side effects, and bodybuilders use as well, rapid recovery post workouts. My thoughts are to stop any gastritis progression, and get lining back to normal as rapidly as possible...do not traumatize..too hot, too cold, spicy,full, don't compress, like bending down to tie shoe laces with anything yet in your stomach..includes picking up heavy stuff..sleep more favorably to your left side. Your dr suspected B overgrowth..hopefully no meds.needed, good quality probiotics,fermented vegetables and dairy.ie kifer and yogurts..as tolerable..small amounts often. Lab assay results may take a week. There are a few protocols for b overgrowth..would prefer to have lab results before making suggestions.

• Posted

Hi Fireid13, this is Nick…I’ ve done a quick review of your and Ann’s chat…

You mentioned  

1. Blood work done for HP?…this isn’t a good marker…UBT, Fecal assay, and gold standard Biopsy. Researchers  use UBT from Mongolia to downtown NY…or Miami…and you’ve a heck of a good Research team in Miani…Neurology (my interest).

2. Systemic Fungus..only experience is with HIV. (C.Albians)

3. Epodidimitis, thanks…a quick look at my uro junks…could not find… what about  DRE?..(along with some serious questions) of any value?

4 Your descriptive symptoms…Gastroparesis Ann is on target...it is common with Gastritis, almost a sure thing. btw, Ann told me she is most comfortable with you since its rare to find medically literates, and those who are "not" fish without a hook or a net...Nick

• Posted

Sounds like you know what you're talking about I've been thinking along the same lines also. When I do work out and lift weights it does seem I get worse with lactic acid build up in my muscles I was taking Blue to me you mean l-glutamine correct. But I will wait for results to come back before I start again and I will take your advice thank you and will let you know what my labs are when I get them back
    • Posted

Hey Ann if you have time in my situation what would be all the blood work or test that i shouldhave, like metabolic test or what othet blood work like cultures and how would you check for a systematic fungus or parasite, or just some basic test you know the doctors won't balk at. I was on ppi's for almost 4 years straight about 5 years ago and started getting high blood pressure irritable and thought I was going crazy but my doctor never checked my b12 levels and i figured out it was from the ppi's my blood test showed spirocytoma when I looked it up this can occur from proton pump inhibitors, 4 years ago a CT showed my spleen was abnormally shaped but not enlarged in this year so the same along with my left kidney showing miss shapen but not enlarged with a small cyst in my right upper pole of the right kidney and then that small cyst or supposed cyst in my liver so now I have the constant off and on feeling of bloating in my left side that extends all the way down to my lower abdomen just above my pelvis or sometimes seems into my pelvis not much pain but do feel gas moving around sometimes just gotta know what's causing this gas buildup and how I can get rid of it I'm thinking maybe just my bacteria is off one way or the other hopefully that is it. It seems I have to constantly move my bowels just soft and most of the time normal in texture no blood but like I'm back up for my parents Dallas is slow down and wonder if it's just nerves or some kind of impairment in my digestive system and I'm getting backed up and that's the full feeling I feel but you think the CT would have revealed all that right it said no diving ticulitis but I think that can be missed from a CT as well I wonder if that's what I have. In January of 2014 I have all the symptoms of diverticulitis but nobody caught on to it but it was just my GERD and blew me off three different office I'm tired sick of Dr's blowing things off.
    • Posted

Wow a ton to evaluate and respond...think I'll try to be the bow..you the arrow...give you my thoughts in terms of direction without knowing wind conditions, you'll need to make the corrections...

PPI's skew everything..and regardless of the thousands of studies, there are too many implications since we are Not all Identical twins.

A CT with contrast should reveal diverticulitis..and for sure frustrations with MD's when their treatments don't work or when your too savy...and they do misdiagnose...even PHD's have conclusions in their own studies that are the mere opposite...haven't a clue who "edits" them . Will get back to you soon...will start with your pressing gas/pain issue. Ann

• Posted

Your awsome thank you, whats wierd is i experimented yesterday i took 1 docolax and this morning that pressure almost subsided so i took another today, we will see. May be nothing and i can't get dependant on them the only thing is i cant figure out is last year i almost felt i lost my normal feeling for hunger and the normal urge to move my bowels, so i sot on toilet and have been going at least 5 times a day, soft to firm and usually the color of what was eaten. Almost like my gi track has slowed and not emptying fully, like always full..
    • Posted

hi,

am taking a 2 hour break...assisting an Asian female with a dry cough "hack", slight fever 99.2 and BP is elevated at 160/80 normal 110 60 has a white tongue (not thrush)....slim and 60's plus a non compiant type with anything "western"..a fa lun dafa practioner, (bacterial infection...possibly from dental work?)

Off to a CBC...and a "Dex" mini trial for cough...go from there.

and another Asian (Micronesian) young female mom with Migraine/cluster headaches along with a few other things (hormonsl at the center ..most likely).......compliant...whew...

Need some help...am confused. I thought your BM movements were almost normal with the exception of being soft vs hard?

The Ducolax if I'm not mistaken irritates the lining and allows for more water fecal absorption

....therefore increased frequency? and you are again correct..not to depend on them. If they have given you relief, then are you thinking your peristalsis (motility) is out of whack? and if so why? if if?

Don't have your current vitals along with medicatons/supplements etc.  so I'm  fishing a lot..you can pm with vitals should you think necessary.

And if your seeing UnDigestives in your stools...back to gastritis and gastroparesis, perhaps some bacterial/fungal overgrowth, an small orchestra?

Ann

• Posted

Are you a med student and where are you located. Tianjin?
    • Posted

Thank you Nick, yea about the HIV with my job was what i initally was worried about, i get a baseline every year, never been stuck or had an actual exposure but some stmptoms are scarey if you know know enough like me. Not to be gross but I have a slight fungus in my to left outer toes for over 15 years but never spreads lately had a toenail fungus that seems to be subsiding. I run a lot but at 47 YO im slowing down. Had an itchy small rash on inside of left but cheek for abt 3 years and wld get worse when i sweated, finally the doc gave me smthing that cleared that up. Then when i felt the pressure near my stomach i thought i had contracted hiv somehow and what i felt was an absess. I was scared, but i have been tested again and made them go a step farther with the gene test to prive i have never even been in contact with hiv a long time ago just because im a worrier. So thanks again glad to have your help
    • Posted

no longer a student, have family and friends in China, but not tianjin..Qinhuangdao, Jinan and Shanghai. ..all or nearly all of my relatives on my mothers side are Medical professionals, more RN's than PHD's..and they are about as good as any MD, some can diagnose by symptom, but always appropriate tests to confirm. I work best with an RN in Infection Control, San Antonio...now retired...tutored her thru her Masters but she really didn't need much from me...hope to see her soon via an annual family get together in Vancouver, Washington early September. Sad, my younger brother's home who passed away 2 years ago ALS, thus my interest in MND..nearly full time study...haven't learned much other than how foolish $ are spent in Research. Currently am hanging on the west coast, about 40 miles south of SF....but do not know for how long. I've been to Florida, many years ago along the keys...had a client Coulter (bought out by Fisher), home office was in Hialeah, Doc J coulter was a genius...before your time... (early 70's).

Wow, I missed your posting re toe/toenail fungus, and HIV fear...and the stress that must have been...if you yet have the fungus...ACV and a good antiseptic mouth wash..50 50, soak 15 mins...dry....vicks around and under nail to keep new spores from entering, sofening the tissue around the nail as a preventive as well. takes time, but better than the antifungal drugs, as they can do far more harm than the fungus.

• Posted

I'm really Sorry to hear about your brother. I feel as if I am taking too much of your time along with the other people you are helping. Don't mean to. Also sorry about some of my spelling I use voice to text and try and read real quick as I am on duty and trying to work at same time but you picked up on me slowing of digestive tract. I will give you my vitals and whatever meds I have been taking. My vitals are pretty normal blood pressure averages 130/80, pulse resting 55 to 60. O2 sats are always high 98% and up. The only meds I've really ever been on is when I had slightly increase blood pressure on the PPI and that dumb doc put me on a low dose of lysenopril for about 6 months until I got smart and looked it up after I got my blood results back with Spyrocytoms I got off both of them and felt better. So the only thing I do now is try and stay in shape lift weights run was taking a lot of nutrients along with the L glutamine and most of your amino acids multivitamins probiotics of which is align for now until I can get the other ones you two were talking about. But I started going off everything just to see if something was bothering my stomach but apparently they were not. Thanks for the tip for the toenail fungus. I have also been wondering if I had a candida outbreak and may still have I will look into gastroparesis. And yes the motility thing has me puzzled to not sure if I know what I'm talking about but it seems to be what I feel. What is odd prior to January 2014 I had all the symptoms of GERD and pretty sure it was until I fix my diet and lost about 10 pounds down to 190 at 5 foot 9 then once I started feeling the pressure in my stomach around that time it seemed I was getting belching and burning when I was not eating but did not feel hunger but knew that my stomach was empty due to that symptom. And as well never had the same urge to move my bowels again seems like
    • Posted

Continuation, seems like I am always full fill all my stomach down and that's where I'm getting my bloating like I could constantly move my bowels lately even before I tried the docalax, but as the day has going on my bloating in the left side seems to be subsiding with slight gas but have gone to the bathroom 3 times today so think I will stay on go collect for a week and see how it goes just to rule something out I guess. Another sensation which always puzzled me was if I took the h2 blockers it would slow my mom tility down and I would get constipated with hard stool and unable to go to the bathroom. But if I take PPI's I don't get that problem but then I don't like all the side effects and problems that can cause you. Remember I had just had epididymitis the worst case I had ever had in my left testicle and they treated me with a round of antibiotics which did not work then had to put me on a second round of cipro and prednisone which will tear anyone stomach up especially if you have my stomach or anyone else is on this forum. So I think I put my stomach majorly out of whack on that. So take your time getting back to me I know you're a good person and you're very helpful I don't want to overwhelm you I know you were busy. Good luck with your other patients I think thats a little out of my room but was nice love you too let me know their symptoms I do like to diagnose just don't want to be termed a hypochondriac like many people feel. I just tell them if I don't feel it it doesn't bother me but when something's going on I start looking for answers so the docs think I'm just over my head and they dumb it down I'm just worried that something more serious going on, my mind was racing to non Hodgkin's lymphoma for a while but I don't know enough about it and figure I would have a lot of lymphadenectomy or not I'm sure you would have more to say on that subject. Thank you very much both of you
    • Posted

Thanks for condolences re by brother…he was MENSA qualified. We often did projects together…one was a mold remediation project in Orlando, via Vancouver and Las Vegas,

He wanted to put a net cam to monitor/supervise workers, but neither the owner nor tenant wanted to take the time to configure it in spite of its simplicity, so we did photos, before, during and after..was a PIA working with some educated idiots, better would have been 12 year olds.

What he didn’t know about a specific problem area, I usually did, and vice versa although he knew much more. His Japanese wife of 50 years travels to Yokohama  annually for an evaluation (free) to rule out Gastric Cancer…Hpylori induced peptic ulcer is known to progress to GC… was at one time  almost epidemic in Japan. Japan is the only country that is very serious about eradication of this bacteria. All citizens who have, have had, HP or PU get screened either semi or annually. The governments wide dissemination of diet information has dramatically reduced GC, my last understanding is the reduction of salt intake, the increase of lactic acid fruits/vegetables and fermented dairy, has contributed to the reduction. His wife did not have HP.

I have changed my study time and hours in MND as a consequence of the Manchester/USNIH discovery…It has implications that I want to study.. and want time to condense the info into “what if?”…so 2 hours of study, 1 hour of digestion and some hypothesizing…

Re two live Asians, I have some support from both husbands…”invaluable”..one is a major troubleshooter for the RR…the other a farmer…both equally helpful. We were fortunate to help remedy IBS in the daughter of the older gal…and was in spite of her husband…a r and d microbiologist quality control engineer….but he was the one who called me for help with his mother in law. (knock on wood…the Dex is working..or seems to be, cough has been reduced by 70% or more….but like your ducolax..must wait as things can change.

With your vitals being good and above average for your symptoms…

Lets assume your current condition is digestive imbalance based on all symptoms meds, and test results thus far.

mild gastritis, upper endoscopy confirmed

Gastroparesis, a guess, based on experience and stool content appearance

Motility…stomach, small and large intestines…overall symptoms of

Peristalsis dysfunction

Let me know if you agree and/or add to the 3….possible/probable causes we will do next.  I cannot at this time connect any of your other test result abnormalities to your current condtion…i.e. kidney/liver/cyst etc.

I don’t think epididymitis is directly connected but your spot on re the antibiotics. Ann

• Posted

That's a lot of good information and I was trying to understand your story if I'm following correctly would your brother have been 12 years old and that brings me to the question if you don't mind how old you two are. And did I understand correctly you're divorced with two ex husbands or were you talking about someone else and that is something else about the H pylori and gastric cancer in Japan too bad America is the last to give a damn about anything until it happens right. I also forgot to add I do have anxiety usually only if I have something to worry about and a Type A personality probably due to my job so a long time ago I did take SSRIs because that was the candy they gave out for either or anxiety or depression because they think they go hand in hand all the time. So about 4 years of those then I started doing research and realized they were not good for you and haven't been on them in 7 years. But my symptoms of GERD started about 10 years ago. I do have a prescription of clonazepam point five milligrams just when I need it because of my stomach I don't want to drink alcohol to calm my nerves I may take one a week on average and have gone more than 3 months without any sometimes that seems to calm my stomach so makes me wonder if a lot of it is nerves and maybe nerves when I am anxious can redue my motility, what do you think. Glad you seem to get in your patient under control when you say Dex do you mean dexamethasone. I'm trying to hang with some of your abbreviations, you're just too damn smart for me lol.
    • Posted

dextromethorphan, apologize for the abbreviations...I've used the term Dex for too many years...its often found in Robitussin. My brother was a Viet Vet, his wife Japanese, now a widow, and I'm older than dirt.

SSRI's are infamous for causing fatty liver...and benzo's (benzodiazepines) are infamous for bipolar. Neither of them ever "cure" only calm and can produce good feelings...it was at one time the drug of choice to control physical bad behavior in your hosptial lock up wards.

Anxiety is a reaction, and the reaction can cause havoc, ,mentally and physically. Recall a receptionist in a dr's office who would advise her MD if a new patient was type A or B...merely by observation. watching  their constant looking at the clock, around the room..their feet sometimes wouldn't stay put or they had some trouble with the arm rests...compared to those who were more fixed and calm. While my real strong interest is within neurology...I don't have the experience in anxiety disorders...There is a connection to anxiety within the Manchester/USNIH discovery...brain..gut...organ...feedback loop.

A possibility, resolving your digestive issues could resolve some or all of your anxiety but habit could be a wildcard. My brother often would use "humor" to deal with anger and fear...I just take the advice of a 94 year old Irish lady who told me: why let others cause you problems, and if you worry, is that your intellect telling you its therapudic? Come, lets have a wee nip...Cutty or CC? She lost 2 husbands 1 in WWII Japan, and another to cancer...and at 78 lost her only daugher with 2 teen children to a botched brain tumor op. And I oftten visited her until I found she had signs of AD...called her brother and sister and suggested they needed to get her into a care facility preferably very near themselves...which they did. She passed away shortly after a fall in the shower, fractured her hip, losing her mobility and her lust for life. At 87 she was sued "big time"...I witnessed  a deposition , and she was "cool hand Luke", after  all had departed but her attorney,he stated..".I've never been more impressed by any client in my career, your one adroit lady", about a month later, the other party dropped the suit. Most of my friends could not have been able to deal with the stress's this woman faced in her senior years without big time drugs or alcohol. for the 20 years of our friendship, I never once found her upset or angry.

• Posted

Well that cleared it up, i thank your brother for his service and you for your knowledge and willingness to help me. Now with the benzos, have been know to cause bipolar? And thank's for tip on liver, possible, it is small and I wonder if so small they're not sure what it is yet could be fatty that would be nice. I also did read something about the loop with anxiety and the gut. Also read a study that haf something to do with they weren't sure if people having palpitations caused the anxiety or anxiety cause the palpitations and fixing the palpation may treat the anxiety. And then more in Europe and other countries for a while we're using beta-blockers to control anxiety to slow the heart and I guess control some palpitations with that not sure. In the past couple of years I've noticed some US docs trying this. Well it sounded like you had a good friend there and you learned a lot from. Well I will wait for my results and let you know if anything changes by the way how is your health pretty good I guess, not trying to pry just didn't want to make this all about me.
    • Posted

Back in the 60's and 70's the street drug was vallium, during the 70's and 80's a vast number of patients who had been a vallium user presented with a condition then called "manic depressive"..St.Louis changed it to "BiPolar Disorder...many merged into benzo;s prescribed by their shrinks...as an example ..those who outsmarted their doc's by presneting sleep disorders got Klonopin...pretty much the patients knew how to manipulate to get any benzo...a downward sprial in terms of overall quality of life.,,homeless, some imprisioned, many in institutions etc.

Beta Blockers are a very good cardio drug. Bro mentioned took "atenalol"...Nick is 78 takes cinnamon daily, regular mild exercise, ...BP 120/70 range...no meds...like me, makes his own fermented vegetables and dairy..oh, plus 4 0z Pomegranate Juice every other day...no joint pain like so many others in his age group. Ocassional prebiotic psyllium ..(both the husk and seed)..kinda like "insurance" to promote SCFA's to support colon and "now" we learn, also the brain.

• Posted

So what you're saying is I probably shouldn't take them I don't take them much anyway probably better off with a glass of wine every once in awhile once I get my got back in shape thank you again. Where I was going with the beta blockers is some doctors are using them for anxiety thinking that the palpitations is creating more anxiety in their patients well I don't get palpitations anyway unless my electrolytes are off
    • Posted

My comment was for "info", its your call. And yes, a good quality red wine is "good stuff"..take with a bit of cheese...swiss/cheddar...at this time you can sip PJ, Pomegranate Juice, small amount is best, both for its therapudics and your stomach lining...if it heats up...punt...its better than wine for anti inflammation and anti plaque...you'd need to drink 2 cases of 1 Ltr wine to get the same results with 32 oz of PJ...Costo here had POM 64 oz for $6.99..usually $8.99. Nick and I are set for the next upteen months since we do as DonClaudio 4 oz  "now and then" .

I completely agree with your comment re betta blockers and tachycardia as well as your keen sense as to your electrolytes...if palpitations are considered tachycardia  and not any of the serious sub sets...AF as an example......must be carefull with the elderly as cause could be other than electrolytes..i.e sudden stress or unusual or out of habit exercise., but mostly "medications"...their metabolism is sluggish. But I'll wager you know this well. . Later...Ann

• Posted

Fiewid13,

the article was IMHO..poorly organized,and was a marketing strategy. I cannot find any scientific articles, abstracts etc written by either the "dr" or the LDN org..in other words  not credited by peer's....some of the mentioned facts are well known and have been accepted by science researchers. I think you could do a superior job since you wish to inform vs  selllingl anything...sorry for short response..will have time hopefully Tuesday.

• Posted

Yeah no problem I was just more concerned with the information that is accurate because it's a lot of info in one article and I have a feeling and correct me if I'm wrong that January 2014 I probably had an inspection because I had a low grade fever chills and that possible visceral information that I felt all over my abdomen and thought that it was my lymph nodes and nobody picked up on it and I think I've been fighting saibo ever since and now it's just taking over
    • Posted

The source of a low grade infection can be from most anything. And overgrowth can be bacteria or fungal..but nine times out of 10 its facteria. The medication mentioned in the article to treat overgrowth is not the antibiotic of choice inasmuch as it was not the one used in scientific trials..think Dr. Pimental was lead researcher) use google scholar to check him out..not google. I've mentioned  Maurice and JPT, two patients on this website who used the Piemental protocal and claimed complete cure (sibo induced IBS). Hypersensitivity diagnosis is not an easy call...md's prefer treating symptoms..tinkering....as such in your case ..wallet biopsy's..

• Posted

Ok thanks again what do you mean when you say wallet biopsies and another thing when you said clonazepam or benzos can cause bipolar disorder is that while you are taking them or can trigger it in certain people even if you go off of them basically is it drug-induced. I took one this morning because my blood pressure was up because I wasn't feeling good yesterday or this morning was trying to figure out if it was underlying anxiety from stress and once I took it I did feel better also I think benzos are a muscle relaxant and couldn't knock out my colon spasms while I'm on it because I haven't had hardly any colon spasms today felt pretty good just wondering if I should stay on them until I get an appointment for a quick fix what do you think , seems when I go out in the Sun or start to work or sweat I feel ill wondering if I'm not uptatking nutrients and or water and not hydrating like I should started getting those little fasciculations in my lower legs like teeny tiny muscle quivers they do not hurt but my calves could cramp if I stretch them what do you think, nutrient and vitamin deficiency from permeability issue. I just can't believe my doctor promised me some blood work still hasn't given me orders and wants me to wait a full month before I get any results back from my upper GI and biopsies while I sit here and get worse. Ih by the way I know you're busy just answer me when you can please no hurry thank you.
    • Posted

You:

Have Gastritis

Identified unprocessed foods in your stools (no blood)

Waiting for biopsy results.

You could be addressing the Gastritis inasmuch as IBS is often associated with Gastritis in some patients. There is no need to wait for biopsy result...the possible results could be HPylori or "nothing"...with HPylori, you will need to do the tripple therapy that includes more antibiotics and PPI's...antibiotics don't work well in a low PH thus the PPI...but you can supplement with probiotics during the 10 or 14 day treatment.

Benzo’s make you feel better….that’s the purpose of a Benzo…slow’s everything and as explained earlier the reason its used in Hospital Lock up Wards to help “control” bad patient behavior. Problem: difficult to terminate their use…when you stop…you can get a negative rebound. Addictive..can skew cognition

I stated there is an “association” of bipolar and Benzo’s. Not all bipolar patients have used Benzo”s, and not all Benzo users develop Bipolar disorders. But there is a strong relationship of those who have used them, do develop bipolar disorder.

To take or not to take is your call again. I personally would not but that’s my choice. A well known TV personality developed BP…he made the comment in his book: “As I sat in my chair unable to do much of anything like I had been “drugged” or bitten by a poisonous  snake and its toxin had control of my body, and ” within reach on my table was the remedy , I refused to try and take it.

Wallet biopsy = co pay

• Posted

Ok got it, thanks for advice, what do you think about the feelings in my lower legs though like when I'm laying in bed, i think its fasciculations like bubbling in my legs doesn't really bother me that much but worried it will get worse you think it's beginning of restless leg syndrome and supposedly has a connection to IBS or sibo from what I read. Will go off benzos, rarely take anyway. Take probiotics everyday. Gonna call doc monday, also start sending them emails so it's on record. If you ever need me to diagnose something for you let me know. Kidding of course
    • Posted

WEEN, TAPER, benzo..dangerous in most to STOP abruptly. Check half life of your benzo..some differ. Leg concerns, common benzo side effect..but could be mineral

deficiency and a few others. Use Google scholar for weening..in search box of Google scholar, type in your med a coma followed by pub med...or plos one, or science daily, other sites have junk science, often marketing schemes.

We have hijacked this this thread..start your own in IBS create a title..like IBS gastritis..not all IBS or gastritis patients suffer both but it is more common than reported..IMO due to severity of one and not the other.

• Posted

What do you mean you have hijacked this thread and to start my own. I thought a forum was to share.
    • Posted

Notice only you and I are posting..as a courtesy we can open a new one, we would yet be "sharing" with " any one who wishes to follow", and hopefully"participate". It'a suggestion..the only downside would be the hassle of going.back to this one to re examine something. Inot a problem for me,
    • Posted

Oh im sorry, i dont mind sharing, its up to you, i thought we were in the same forum as when we started but you woukd just respond to me and vice versa. I still want to stay in contact as you have helped me under so much but i dont want to take advantage.
    • Posted

We cn stck with "kinder's" discussion...any who wish not to be.here can tap "unfollow this discussion"

• Posted

Ok thank you, hey stupid question do you think im pushing it to eat 3 gluten free cookies made with organic cane sugar, shld i avoid all sugar.
    • Posted

Doubt a few cookies or small amounts of sugar will have any adverse consequences..but see how it goes..

Sometime this week you ought to receive

Pathology results.

• Posted

I feel like addict trying to stay away from my cookies but won't overdo it thank you, and yes about the pathology they are going to make me wait until the one month mark after my upper GI for my follow up appointment. So I called them the other day and ask them if they saw something in my pathology even if it wasn't overgrowth or candy or something that would just make me uncomfortable with they at least call me and let me know and start me on some form of treatment plan prior to my appointment they said yes so we will see what the pathology turns up. Thank you again. If anything turns up I'm going to give them a piece of my mind they could have at least giving me some regimen to follow when I left after my procedure one question what is your experience with someone in my situation knowing if I have a low stomach acid condition or a high acid condition does the word gastritis tell you right there that it's a low pH and low acid condition or can it fluctuate
    • Posted

stomach acid can vary, its normal rage is from 1-3PH...But that doesn't tell you "content or volume"...gives you an "idea".

Diet and disorders can cause PH to vary.

You were diagnosed as having "mild gastritis"...so try (zinc carnosine), and check it out via pub med or plos one.

Many cultures drink coffee or teas post a meal...acid...helps digest some foods....your diet must be low volume intake, limited or no fats, and very slow eating, to be certain starches are well catabolized in the oral cavity before swallowing, chew and mix well.

This only helps some provided one is not on some potent medication/s that can block normal processing..

With inflammed stomach lining, its very important not to traumatize.

• Posted

suppose I've mentioned a key word that gets a post into limbo during moderators coffee break...one of the few times I didn't copy my reply...but without mentioning the supplement that has both in vitro and in vivo primary information from the US Institutes of Health where you reside.

Normal stomach PH is from 1 to 3PH. Food, medicatons, disorders can cause it to fluctuate. Many cultures drink teas and coffee post a meal (acid) perhaps to boost digestion.With mild gastritis, many things can irritate and already inflammed stomach lining. Keep a Diary. Small meals, reduced volume,no fats, spices, tomato etc..or to be on the safe side, no processed foods, nothing in a can, box, carton, and jar etc. I'll pm you with the supplement...strange...I've seen this supplement several times within a few discussions, won't mentioned them as a courtesy to the threads and patients. Ann

• Posted

Hey ann & nick how are you, is there any correlation with gi issues or basically what i have going on that could cause me to feel out of breath occasionally. Im 5'9 at 200 and thought i was at least average fittnes. I was wondering if it was acidosis.
    • Posted

As you know, two types...one is excess serum acid.blood .ph should be around 7.2 to 7.4PH...your CBC labs would reveal if out of range. Your lungs...if you cannot dispell enough carbon dioxide....cause...sedative type medications, or other disorders of which you apparently do not have..i.e.dbt2, copd etc.

From my perch...I "guess" medications or withdrawal...I kinda rule out a hidden infection since I think you check your temp and BP frequently, and you know your normal vitals.

I'm and a very distant disadvantage not knowing enough about your overall health, condition, history etc....You are a tad overweight...I'd think your range at your age should be your "high school" weight" or I'd guess at 5 9 between 160 170.As we age, caloric reduction is considered beneficial.And unless you have a fab memory, a daily Diary would help you diagnose "probable" cause/s. I do not have a fab nor maybe even an above average memory but others say I do, but I yet I take notes..ha...I lose them somethime.

• Posted

You have a good memory I know you do my message before this one is being checked I don't know why. I am starting to cut my portions down anyway but I have not been feeling well lately like up and down with a sick feeling and I bought pH strips in been checking my urine is that worthwhile does it give you a good idea of your pH level yesterday I was normal all the way up to 7.5 in the middle of today I noticed I started feeling a little ill and burping and it dropped to 6.0 and now it is 5.0 and at the end of my stream I tested it again at 5.5. Does your urine reflect your body's pH level is it a good indicator what do you think
    • Posted

urine normal range 5 to 7PH. stomach 1 to 3PH

Saliva 6.5PH and so on. I would not concern myself with PH.Small quality meals limited fats salt sugar.etc.

• Posted

Okay you've made me feel a lot better because I monitored my urine and saliva all day yesterday and this morning and it's always been 5.5 or greater in saliva 7 or greater okay you made me feel a lot better. I'll tell you what though I just haven't been feeling good all over didn't realize I probably can't work out as hard anymore muscles feel different over the past year or so like heavy do you think I am causing wrap them and increasing my lactic acid and that can make me more acidic , kind of like renal system isn't kicking off enough or I'm retaining too much of something like I'm toxic I don't know I'm really grasping.
    • Posted

Do you think it could help if I cut out meats for a while and just ate more vegetables and if so what if I took a protein supplement other than a way or meat product like a pea protein or some kind of vegetable protein to get the protein I'm going to need. I am going to get that stuff that you mentioned I can get over here in the US without a script to repair the stomach.
    • Posted

Yes, cut out or reduce meat intake...increase vegetables...processed foods are not good for you while you have Gastritis. That would include all protein suplements..pea, soy, or whey...save them till your back up to speed. Your healing proteins "If tolerable" are: marine fish..most of your shrimp are not ocean, and they are bottom sort, like crab etc..avoid them for now...Ground Turky is OK...twice a week. Bone soup too big bone but neck bone can be OK once a week. Yogurt/kefir preferably plain but vanilla is OK but no added fruit...you can add fresh fruit.

Your asian grocer will have pork bones that may be more fresh than other stores because most asians prefer pork. While there get the root "gobo" its "burdock root" in English. Same with Naigamo root (expensive)....Asparagus, brussel sprouts, and Kale. Steam till tender. Romaine Lettuce (leaf not iceberg) is nutritional. Carrot, some brown rice. While cabbage can be good, it can cause gas...some gastritis patients used fresh cabbage juice 2 or 3 times daily for cure. But some could not tolerate, caused stomach pain...so your a human lab mouse.

..No special water other than fresh and filtered by yourself..not bottled. The supplements I've mentioned are merely "boosting"..mono therapy doesn't work well...took oncologists 50 years to learn.In a weeks time you should begin to lose some excess weight, your muscles should feel much more comfortable along with increased energy.

In summary, its what, when, and how much you eat that matters....

• Posted

It is importaant to know how to process (cook) bones.....you must first soak in room temp water...to remove excess blood...change water a few times...then with clean water bring to a slow boil...as the junks accumulate around the edges, scoop out...when there is no more, remove bones, wash, and put into a new pot...filter the cooked water into the new pot. you can reboil...to see if you yet have junks around the edges...if so..repeat the process...if not..your good to go....you can freeze what you don't use...If you use Chicken theigh's, process without skin, remove fat, and remove meat from bone but keep together in same pot, same process as above. You can put the meat thru a blender if adequately tender. The liquid can be used as a soup, and as a poaching liquid for your fish..

I often add  a thin slice of ginger (peeled) while poaching some types of fish for odor control.Hope you have "help" at home...While this isn't a big task for me, have been retired since 1985..have time on my hands....could be a challenge for you...but you can find ways to meet the challenge...

• Posted

I forgot to specifically state when you remove skin and fat from chicken bone, you toss the skin and fat, put only bone and meat into the pot. As a side note we do not put skin and fat into rubbish but bag and freeze till rubbish day...this prevents foul odor, and unwanted pests..
    • Posted

Well thank you I'm learning so much from you maybe I should just move over there and you can take care of me, not for free of course. Hopefully when I get better I can repay you somehow thank you for all your advice and your time. What is mono therapy I was talking about that product from pure that you mentioned earlier.
    • Posted

I was talking about ordering the zinc carnosine, just wasn't sure if I could even say it on this forum.
    • Posted

Hello Anne and Nick how have you been I've actually been doing pretty well I think my stomach is pretty much mended just have a slight stitch in the side not much anymore I seem to be functioning normally again. Just pushed and got a second opinion on my ct and the doc wrote an addendum said he called and sent in order to my GP and they called me and said that the radiologist wants me to get an MRI to confirm if its a cyst or not
    • Posted

I just wanted to give you a quick update when I get home tomorrow I will read his words and let you know what he says made me feel a little better sounded to me like he thought it was still a cyst but wanted to confirm very light in colour or density and said it appeared to be fluid filled which is a good thing for now also read some weird stuff about the spleen he had written so I can send that later
    • Posted

Here I have the addendum this was done by a different doctor. The study was reviewed at the doctor and patient request the low attenuation lesion towards the Dome of the liver is too small to characterized by CT scan. Due to its location ultrasound may be difficult to confirm with. Mr I would be more accurate to verify this is a simple cyst if clinically necessary. He also goes on to say the fluid density noted in the bilateral scrotal sacks are consistent with hydro seals. These however project off the field of view of this study. There are small nual near the splenic Hailar region. No evidence of stones contrast-enhancing mass or obstruction otherwise. What do you think I looked up the spaniels that's a pretty weird and in-depth thing in itself kind of could be deformity from birth and leftover parts of spleen near tail of pancreas and left side of liver but I think my piece just showed up and did not show up in the first CT 4 years ago so if it was from birth I think it would have been there all along Plus this is in the upper right quadrant of liver I believe
    • Posted

Hi,

I don't see snything serious, and the radiologist is doing good work ethic.

I will re review soon as am more free

Spending a lot of hospital time and need to keep focused.

• Posted

★2 lindaliu

122 points

And this is the screen name for a lady in China that sounds very distraught I'm going to try and email you a screenshot of the page of the discussion that she is in says her daughter is 9 years old with GERD and the doctors messed her up with a certain medication and now she wants some kind of surgery called the links surgery nobody is helping her and she speaking or writing broken English thank you would want to help her I know you're busy let me know how it goes

• Posted

Lynx is an option for ayoung one..itsversible

I am too busy ..have a loved one with lung cancer

• Posted

Thanks..tough..perfect health..then a dry unpriductive cough, mild fever..pneumonia?

Urged GP for x ray.said wait to see if ntibiotics work..5 days later in ER Right pleural cavity full of fluid..xray shiwed pleural cavity full of liquid..contained cancer cells..Stage IV..If yet alive Monday, post chemo, will start on Moringa..Berberine produced unacceptable skin itch.

Haved asked oncologists for cancer cell lines and if EFGR mutation present...waiting...you might want to study these these two supplements . Ann

• Posted

That's very sad sorry to hear that, they will be in our thoughts
    • Posted

Hello Ann, how have you been doing, I hope your relative that is sick is pain free. I'm sure you and your family are doing all you can for them. Hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.