What kind of worm is it?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can you identify the kind of worm pictured? I've been treated with 6 tablets of mebandazole for 3 consecutive days (2 tablets a day) but it didn't help.

Here is a link to a few seconds video:

1. https://vid.me/CUsL

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'd say that's either a roundworm or a whipworm but guessing by the shape I'd say Roundworm which means you are taking the right treatment for it so no worries about that... now if you excuse me I'm going to unprofessionally vomit since I'm no doctor lol.
  • Posted

No way is it threadworm, they're little and white, only a few mm length.
    • Posted

Hi, You are right, I thought it was a picture of a worm on a thumb nail but whe I played the video I can see its in the WC! So yes probably a roundworm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.