What pains are normal after laparoscopic surgery (ovarian cyst removal)?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone.

I had surgery on January 4th (6 days ago) and I've been recovering fine, the strong pain I had in the first days are going away but yesterday I started getting a burning/tingling feeling in my belly, pelvic area to be specific.

It feels like i have tiny needles there and I feel them stinging when I move, more when I bend over. I also have internal stitches that will dissolve on their own (I dont know if that's relevant for the question)

What is this stinging like needles pain? I'm scared sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Give it a few more days of healing. If you start to run a fever or the spots where they went on are red inflamed or ozzing pus then I don't think you have anything to worry about. The main thing to worry about it's infection and those things I mentioned would be signs of infection. You probably have a follow-up appointment with your doctor. Unless something more happens I would just wait to you see your doctor.

• Posted

Thank you amkoffee for your reply!

My next appointment is only on the 20th feb, so it will be a long time until there. I'm not running a fever or anything so I'll just try not to stress out and think that this is normal. It is a weird pain and that's why I got scared. They cut lots of tissue and practically cleant my ovaries (had lots of cysts), so I guess it's normal "everything" hurts, it has only beed 7 days.

• Posted

I know my surgery was different than yours i had my gallbladder removed two years ago had the same pain most of it was from the CO2 they pump in.this is done so they can see were to basically point the camera and other instruments. Two bad things about the CO2 it stretches muscles skin ligaments nerves you name it second thing it can get trapped in you for a week or two it causes gas pain until it works it's way out. Laparoscopic surgery is better than the old way they did it. but there are issues that they just really don't tell you because they just really don't think they are important concerns for us to know. Hope it passes soon take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.