What's causing this cough?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been off Gabapentin for 5 months starting coughing and had some hoarseness while on it I still have the nagging cough!!

Anyone else have this problem??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would think you are best to see your GP as it may not be connected to the withdrawal of Gaberpentin. It does seem quite a long time for you to have a nagging cough
  • Posted

I have been trying to de tease my dose without much success.  Odd you would mention hoarseness.  I am so bad, some days I can hardly soeak. Admittedly, I smoke but this is worse then from smoking.  As for the cough, you on any other meds? My husband has a dry hack and one doctor said it might be from his BP med.
    • Posted

Yes I am on b P meds but it never made me cough!!

It's just a nagging cough like to clear your throat.

• Posted

Besides the hoarseness, I am hacking up mucus.  What BP med are you on?  My husband only started this cough a few weeks ago and has been on BP meds fir some time. Just a thought
    • Posted

Am lodi pine. And Valsartan. I know Gabapentin can cause hoarseness and cough been of it for 5 months it has messed my stomach up also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.