What's going on with me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I'm a 23 yo female and I have been dealing with quite a lot of health issues lately. Sorry for the huge post, I'm somewhat desperate right now. I hope some of you can bear with me until the end: 

First of all, I've been waking up in the morning felling EXTREMELY tired and nauseated. More often than not, I get a headache that's like a pre-migraine one. Sometimes, when I get up from a laid down position (not just in the morning) I feel dizzy and have my ears blocked (and sometimes ringing) too - orthostatic hypotension?. The fatigue, nausea and headache don't resolve throughout the day, they just get worse. And I don't just feel extremely tired, but I also look very tired, with always red, watery, droopy eyes, with swollen eyelids and massive under eye circles. I also get blurred vision, a lot of brain fog and several depersonalization/derealization episodes throughout the day (of which the frequency increases according to my level of tiredness). I've always had all these symptoms to some degree, but lately they are a lot worse/more frequent. My migraine episodes also have increased significantly. 

I've also been losing a lot of hair for awhile now, along with brows and eyelashes too. 

I've been more depressed than ever - I cry a lot almost everyday and feel sad about everything 

I have a lot of stomach bloating and constipation (my doctor thinks I may have some gluten sensitivity, although I'm not coeliac). But even though I've been avoiding gluten a lot lately, this doesn't seem to get any better. 

I've been dealing with a severe chronic yeast infection for years now. And it just doesn't go away, even after trying all the possible treatments (topical and oral). 

Although this has always happened to some extent, my periods have been really irregular lately. 

I also have quite a bit of oral thrush (does it have to be from candida? I've had all the tests that should indicate systemic infection - like C-reactive protein - and they all came back normal) sometimes accompanied by tongue sores. 

Also, I don't know if it's related to this other things or if it's a condition of its own, but there's this thing about my skin (I believe it all started when I was on lamictal and then depakote has worsen it, and it's been getting worse and worse ever since, although I'm not on these meds anymore) in which it's becoming extreme and progressively drier, with a lot of deep fine lines and creases (I'm only 23!!). Overall, my skin just looks dull and dehydrated and it's like it has shrunk, lost density and elasticity. Also, my eyes are very sunken, and it looks like i have lost a lot of fat or volume under them. My under eye circles are really deep and dark, almost of a red-purple color and there are lots of bursting veins and capillaries on my upper and lower eyelids (which I never had before). There are a lot of veins and capillaries bursting under my skin in another places too (like feet, wrists, and chest), which become more visible each day. 

My joints crack everytime I move them and it feels like they scratch against each other, as if there was no cushioning/lubrication between them. 

From what I've researched, I think it all has something to do with inadequate production or excessive breakdown of collagen or hyaluronic acid (or both). 

My hair has always been really kinky, coarse and frizzy - I have been diagnosed with "pili torti/twisted hair" once. But nowadays it seems it has gotten much much worse. 

Wounds also don't heal as quickly as they used to and, when they do, they leave dark spots that don't fade overtime. 

From time to time, I get either these heart palpitations or some tingling sensation along with a pressure feeling in my heart. I feel a permanent shortness of breath too. It's as if I had to breath really hard and fast to get the amount of air I need. 

I've already done a cardiac echo and a transesophageal echocardiography and they both came back normal. 

I don't know whether all these symptoms I've described are somehow related to each other or they are the result of various independent conditions. The only thing I know is that my mental and physical health are going downhill and I feel awful. 

And maybe it's something simple, like a nutrient deficiency or something? 

I'm sick of going to doctors that overlook all of my symptoms. I'm also tired of having loads of blood work and every kind of tests done just to have everything come back negative. 

So if any of you have the slightest hunch of what may be causing any of my symptoms or know someone who might, please, please let me know.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So glad you posted on this forum.  I have just started posting and the responses have been great. It sounds like you may some thyroid issues or something to do with your autoimmune system.  Worth checking out.  I have diagnosed with hypothroidism and sjrogrens disease.  I have many of the same symptoms you have described which may not be all related to your headache.  You are exactly to believe that there connections to symptoms you have.  It has been very frustrating for me because I definitely see connections between thyroid autoimmune and migraines.  Getting doctors to talk to each other and work together for common solutions has been almost impossible.  Keep pushing 
  • Posted

Wow!  You certainly have a lot to deal with.

You are right that gettiing drs to take you seriously sometimes is hard work.  But the key is NEVER give up, NAG NAG and NAG until you get them to listen to you,

I am sorry I dont have any answers for you, but we will support you and if you just want to write on here how you have felt that day, someone will always answer you.

They have to listen to you, the way I think of it as this, if you are a private patient you pay their bill and if you are NHS you still pay for them indirectly, so never feel guilty about nagging them

I really hope you get somewhere soon and start to feel better.

• Posted

I like your comment about nag nag nag.  You are right about that.keep pushing until you get some answers. Doctors don't always know what to do especially when it comes to migraines because there are so many different kinds. And different treatments  I have always felt that I was making too much of how I was feeling and that I was being a "whimp" for not being able to handle things better everyday.  Now I realize that I can only do what I can do and love when I feel ok and give myself permission to have a bed day and go with it.  Keep pushing your doctors!,,
  • Posted

Have you had your Ferritin levels, vit d levels, potassium levels, magnesium levels been checked. The D, Mag, and ferritin levels won't show on the normal cbc test...but have to be individually tested for. Those are some good ones to get. Also a B levels tests.
  • Posted

wow!! this is the first health forum i subscripe to and i have to tell you that i wasn't expecting such kind and thoughtful replies to my post at all! thank you people, it means a lot to me :')

well, i have to apologize because i actually meant to post it on the other conditions/general discussion section but posted here by mistake. therefore I've reported it, but now i don't want to have such great responses deleted. i've already contacted a moderator and asked them not to delete this. I hope they get my message.

• Posted

i'm sorry if i don't respond to you in the best way, writing in english is somewhat difficult for me and i have to keep things simple.

tell me about the doctors thing... i just want to find one that listens to me. i have already exhausted almost all my options and it's so hard to find a good, carying doctor around here where i live. it's even harder to find naturopaths or other alternative medicine practioners. i really wish i was in the UK...

mommasmigraine, yes, i already had these checked and except for the vitamin D (slightly insufficient) and ferritin (i did had to supplement and since i began, it has reached the lower limit of the normal range), all of them came back normal. i have done almost every standard test there is to be done and almost every one of them came back normal. i get really angry because it's always as if there was nothing wrong with me. 

susanne49014 thanks for mentioning it, but i've already had all the tests for my thyroid came back normal as well. thanks a lot for your support and i'm sorry about your dignoses. i'm sure you'll get well in no time.

thank you so much people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.