What's helping you from overcoming GERD/ Acid Reflux heal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone

I'm 37 y/o, quit smoking a month ago. Quit salt about few months ago. I'm 110lbs

March 6, 2016 went to ER due to RUQ (right upper quadrant pain) I've had it on and off due to stressful work for months and sometimes from my lower right abdomen to my right lower back. After blood test and urine cleared. Prescribed 4wks of rabeprazole

For 2wks I was in pain (anything that I eat) I feel bloated, pain on RUQ and lower right back.

Diet includes: bland oatmeal in water, chicken noodle soup with cabbage broccoli and carrots, Apple cider vinegar with water b4 breakfast, eat every 2-3hrs, apples or banana for snacks, lots of water, ginger and camomile tea)

After 3wks pain got a bit better but not 100%. I stop taking it and start eating protein such as grilled chicken. Few days I was fine and my pain on RUQ went away BUT I started having sore throat (feel like there's something stuck in my throat but it doesn't hurt) and mild ear ache

Today I took a pill and kinda made it worst. I feel sick (not in my stomach) after I eat (mild low grade fever)

I really want to stop taking meds as I strongly believe in natural home remedies. Any other one experienced this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have been having issues since December 27. Now am perfect. I personally did the following:

1. 40mg/day Omeprazole for 30 days Then stopped

2. My diet:

Greek 0% fat yogurt with honey and cinnamon for breakfast

YOGI stomach Ease tea throughout the day, which helped A LOT, and a lot of water.

Oatmeal with cinnamon and apples, and half a banana for lunch

Boiled: chicken, rice, carrots, potatoes, broccoli and zucchini.

Snacks: Saltines, crackers, bread.

1000/mg per day vitamin C

At the end of March: two weeks of 20 mg Omeprazole, but this time took 6 days in a row, then 3 every other day, 3 every two days, and 2 every 3 days and will stop.

It has helped am a ton, I feel great energy, and zero pain anymore.

As tiem progresses, you can add watermelon, cantaloupe, pears too.

pples are a little heave, so eat them a little piece at a time. Never eat an entire apple.

Good Luck

• Posted

Thank you Mariella42166

App reoccur your reply so very much

I guess the best way to quit the pills is to do it slowly and not cold turkey way ..

I meditate 15 mins b4 breakfast

Morning:

Apple cider vinegar with water 30mins b4 breakfast

chucken broth soup with carrots and broccoli cabbage, carrot and Apple blend/juice

Snack: sliced Apple or banana or whole egg and yogurt (organic probiotic)

Lunch: bland oatmeal or chicken broth soup with carrots, broccoli and cabbage

Snack: sliced apples or banana and yogurt

Dinner: bland oatmeal or chicken broth soup with carrots, broccoli and cabbage

Snack: sliced apples or banana and yogurt

I also drink lots of slightly hot ginger with camomile tea (maybe this ruins my throat cus it's hot?!)

Few days ago I've been eating Caesar salad with grilled chicken and I'm gonna eliminate this and start with my bland diet again

Last night I've had Apple cider vinegar with manuka raw honey in lukewarm water and this help with my slightly clogged ears and my sore throat but not 100%

I also have major anxiety issue and been praying and trying to be positive for my healing

• Posted

Hi, sorry you are having such an awful time despite following a

healthy diet. Have you considered looking at any stress in your

life, because stress can cause this sort of thing too. Hope the suggestion helps.

• Posted

Hi Marianne10595

Thank you for reading my post

I have anxiety and I do meditate 15mins b4 I go for breakfast and go for walk 20mins daily. I'm really trying to be positive and will keep u all updated smile

I'm going to my dr tomorrow about this acid reflux in my throat (no pain), I can swallow fine, and ears slightly clogged (no pain) after I quit rabeprazole for a week cold turkey last week

Thanks again so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.