What's people's expieriences with canestbalance?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I took the BV test by canesten because things were seeming abit abnormal "down there" turns out I do have BV now I'm just waiting for the canestbalance to arrive which I'm supposed to take for a week.

What do I do if it hasn't gone after the week? I haven't been to the doctor about this. I've just ordered the test and treatment online.

I've also taken an swab test for sti incase that might be the case even though I'm pretty sure it's not related.

So what do I do next? If it doesn't go?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi what's canestbalance? I've had bv for 7 yrs & I can't get rid of it. I've never heard of this treatment. Please let me know how it works for you..

• Posted

Hi

I think canestbalance is a test to determine if you have BV

If you do there are gels and pessaries from the same company you can use to keep it at bay.

My experience is that I personally use one every 2-3 nights before bed.

It's the only thing for me that keeps it at bay, but if I stop... It's back.

I have never douched, my GP always said not to and I wear cotton underwear and use fragment free soap as this can also make it worse.

Hope this helps.

Jo

• Posted

Canestbalance is not a test, the test is canestest. The canestbalance BV gel is meant to restore normal phs levels ect ect I will let you know how it goes
    • Posted

See id never even heard of BV until seeing it on tv.

I've never douched but I used to use "femfresh" everyday and I didn't realise this could cause BV.

• Posted

Your GP would probably prescribe something for it either tablets of a gel to insert. You may find that it goes, and for me it did.... For a while, when it came back I decided that my body would only get used to this so I just buy the pessaries and gels and use one every 3rd night now.

Jo

• Posted

I took the test it went green hard to do really , so I got the gel inserted that smell was gone why I took gel but soons it ended it was back, and much much stronger and worse so I then went gp ppl on hear said that the gp prescribed a antibiotic called metronidazole that didn't work but I went any way because I though I have to try it I got the tablets and took them exactley like the instructions said don't drink while on them 2 days b4 or after and don't have sex while on them It worked for me it was my first ever time having BV but it's now gone been clear for 4 months xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.