What's wrong with me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ever since I was a kid, I've had these weird symptoms. I'll be thinking normally and then all of a sudden, it's like my thoughts crash against me like my mind has just been shocked electrically. It's hard to explain but my thoughts just kind of stop abruptly like a bike crashing into a wall. After that, my thoughts kind of slow down for a few minutes and it's like the world is spinning in slow motion. My thoughts speed up again after a few mintues or a few seconds, but it's just confusing. It went away for a few years, but in the past few weeks it's happened over and over again and I don't know what the hell is wrong. Does anyone else know anything this could be related to?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well you need to see a doctor to get an accurate diagnosis. If it's worrying you then you need to find out, or put your mind at rest. If you find it difficult to explain, then write it down as you have here. What springs to my mind is a minor form of epilepsy, which involves electrical signals in the brain, but I really know nothing more about it than that. I hope you can get it sorted out. Pixie.

• Posted

Hello annalh

You need to talk to your GP. Make a list expaining these feelings and how you feel.

It may be a disosiation caused by a form o epilepsy.

Let us know how you get on

BOB

• Posted

Hello.

Explain to your doctor in detail what's happening. Tell the doctor you're worried as well, that you might like a brain scan or something along those lines. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.