What should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys so I need some advice from preferably other females but I'm open to any gender opinion. 

Okay so about 2 1/2-3 months ago I suspect that I have acquired a BV infection. I have had one years ago in the past after my boyfriend at the time had been cheating on me for quite some time without my knowing. Anyways the guy i'm with now is great we live together so I know hes been loyal. I suspect I got the infection due to the fact that Im a stressed out junior in college that has about 3 test every week and terrible eating habits. Long story short I knew I had BV and I needed to make an annual appointment for a pap smear so I figured I'll just tell them then and kill 2 birds with one stone right. Well my gyn office was booked up so what turning into a month of BV (i wanted to see if it would clear on its own) ended up having to be 3. 

Okay so I managed to get an appointment at a much later time than I wanted, and my doctor was out of town so I had to see the nurse prac. I absoutely love my gyn office they are all great and this is why im so upset. I tell the nurse that i suspect i have bv and that ive had it in the past. She says okay your results from your pap should let us know. So no big deal thinking that I would be handed a prescription for an antibiotic that day. Wrong. So my results from my pap final came back today and there normal thank god. But previous to getting my results I had recieved a letter from the doctors office saying that I need to come back to redue my pap so I have an appointment for that this week. I figured it was for my bv infection. Wrong again. Just an fyi it tooke 3 weeks for my pap results to come in I've been in extreme discomfort. Anyways today I recieved an email from my doctors office saying that they cancelled my appointment for this week because my pap didnt need to be repeated. Okay...but what about the bv? I emailed back saying that I needed to talk to the nurse that did my pap to ask her a medical question but so far no response. Im extremely frustrated and becoming broken down because I love my boyfriend very much and I told him I had some woman issues going on that I need medicine for because he doesnt understand how embarrassing bv is. I feel horrible I dont want to be gross but I really want to be sexual with my boyfriend but im too embarrassed and he thinks that Im not attracted to him no matter how many times ive explained it to him and its breaking my heart. Sex just makes it worse im only 22 I dont want to live with bv when I shouldnt have to Im so sad because I feel like its gonna be another month before I can get any antibiotics. :'(

So my question is should I call the doctors office back and ask them if i can in for my orginal appointment? Or should I try to go to a general doctor to get a prescription? Im just worried about not being able to get any anywhere soon and Im trying to get IUD soon Im on pills now and dont want to get it with an infection thats not safe. 

Btw I was also tested for STD's at the time of my pap so I know its nothing more than a infection from bv. 

Please help with your advice any will be helpful. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just make app with dr they will prescribe it,

I didn't think the practise nurse was able to prescribe anythink anyway that's why she is saying wait for smear results

• Posted

Try a walk in clinic so you don't need to wait for an appointment.

• Posted

Thanks guys I ended up calling my doctors office explaining the issue again. They said nothing came back in my pap to indicate an infection (didnt believe that, think they might of overlooked/forgot about it) but I told them I couldnt make my IUD insertion appointment until I was treated because i was having way too much discomfort to feel comfortable getting it done. They understood and said that they were going to send a prescription to treat me for bv so that they dont risk the possibility of giving me PID upon insertion. Day 1 of taking the medication I felt back to normal still continuing to take it until the last day though. Thanks for the advice. 
    • Posted

Good now keep taking it don't have sex while on it don't drink while on it and get some new underwear and throw any underwear away that isn't cotton because it will return if you do any of the above , I went and bought new kickers for when my course ended and stayed in those knickers type I don't wear thongs that often now as the material they where made of made me have more discharge I have no idea why?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.