What should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all can someone help me here?!!. I'm on week 4 of HRT patches, and I've NOT been myself for 2days, and today had a full blown migrane all day, however I've just noticed, that it's spotty well looks like a rash around my patch on my bum, and looks red on my skin under the patch? What should I do ? Should I completely remove the patch? And leave off completely? Has this happened to u? Seems odd that if I'm allergic to this patch why now? Any advice please?.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Can you phone a pharmacy/pharmacist for advise. My issues are with them not sticking properly. Which ones are you on.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying.

im on Femmseven patches I stick mine on my bum, 

my first patch fell off after a day, but was told bum is best place to stick?.

only be 4 weeks. And I don't feel any different on them if I'm honest. It's to late to call the chemist? Looks like I'll have to wait till the morning now? It doesn't itch or sore?!!. 

Hope it clears? 

• Posted

If it was me, I would remove the patch and apply another on the other buttock. Are you alternating sides and using different areas? Then ring doctor for appt to discuss. If it happens again remove until you've seen the doctor.

My evorel Conti patches have brought my periods back which the doctor said can happen. Last month I had a headache, not normal for me, two days before the period which I wasn't expecting.

Is your period due? Maybe if you've been using patches for 4 weeks?

I would discuss with your doctor if you don't feel well xx

• Posted

How long did it take you to feel unwell? I have been on oral Femeston Conti tablets for around four months and Ellest Conti for four years. GP wanted me to try patches as started getting diarrhoea with the femeston pills. Worried as they don't stick properly and am having to put micropore tape on top

• Posted

It was just short of 4 weeks on the patches I felt out of sorts and headache then period arrived. That was 4 weeks ago and period here again. I feel like I've gone back 20 years, getting the sore breasts and pmt.

I know this is a really silly question, but you are peeling the backing off the patch aren't you!? Mine are so sticky it's hard to peel off my bum after the three days!

• Posted

I am peeling the hard backing off, one bit then stick that half then next bit then holding patch down with heel of hand and warming it up. Top side of the patch is a thin shiny plastic/acrylic like layer. I tested one out after first started coming off to see if top layer also had to come off but doesn't seem to. Maybe skin is too dry or something. Will persevere for a week or so.

• Posted

Are you using the large ones that are meant to last 7 days?  If so, ask for same strength but two patches per week.  Smaller patch and less time on the skin, because you will alternate to another placement with the next patch.

I had the same problem and that is what my dr changed me to.  I still got a red itchy rash but it was not so intense.  My skin does not like bandaids either.

• Posted

Hi Shelly,

I am allergic to the patch too, I have a red rash that is raised in the shape of the patch, I just put up with it actually, it must be the glue, it is itchy sometimes. 

I don't think its anything to worry about just a reaction to whatever product it is, but as the patches are working quite well with all the menopause symtons I have I would rather just carry on, as I can't imagine my life without the patches. 

I find they stick quite well at the end of the week the edges are coming off and if I have too many baths it seems to come unstuck sometimes, I don't know if it still works if there has been water under it, I usually just press it down again ! 

Good luck with everything, I have had my patch since March took about 5 months to work properly, still have ups and downs, I am 51 and started peri when I was 46 I think ! 

Hope this helps. Sarah 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.