What think of the migriane surgery - and one with first hand experience?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

My name is Bakhita. I am dignosed with the migraine and i have had for more than 20 years.

Long story short, I've tried many treatments and medications, some worked shortly and some didn’t not make any changes.

The most significant result was to take botox injections. But that only last for few weeks. and they are not consistent. Some time the effect stay for weeks and sometimes only days.

I have been thinking about doing the surgery for more than a year. I saw few doctors, some neurologist and some plastic surgeons. I got mixed opinions.

So, I needed to ask you about your opinion as patents. Is the surgery that much better than the injections? or is it the same?

have you had any episodes of migraine after the surgery? If yes how often and how bad were they?

Where did you do the surgery? and do you recommend that doctor / clinic ?

Thank you in advance.

Bakhita.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I never went down that road I had a mouth guard made at the dental hospital wore it for a year in bed and it cured the migraines. I still get the odd headache which only Imigran a migraine relief tablet will lift but they're nothing to migraine.
  • Posted

What kind of surgery is it Bakita ?? Can u private message me so I can follow this closer, thanks
  • Posted

Have you tried addressing your diet, hormonal imbalance, and stress levels? I would try everything else before resorting to surgery. The brain is very complex and I personally would not mess with it. Migraine is an imbalance in the system. Once you stabilize your system the migraines should decrease.

Best to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.