What to do for constipation and diarrhea all at same time

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't know if this makes since but for days I won't have a bowel movement and then when I do it diarrhea... also somtimes in the same day it goes back and forth all day long.... I'm so annoyed.. iv already Had to cut out gluten years ago because I'm intolerance to it.....then a few months ago I came down with constant diarrhea so I had to cut out dairy and that stoped the everyday diarrhea but not what I have now.... so my gi doctor told me to cut out fructose and it hasn't helped. If fructose isn't the problem then I'm going to eat that stuff.... I'm just frustrated because iv cut so much out of my diet and it's not working...... I have an appt the 31st but I was wondering what you guys do and if others experience this

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I get this a bit, but I think mine is due to stress and anxiety.

I suffer with neck and back pain due to stress and so.rtimes this kick starts the diarrhea, then nothing happens for a few days and it starts all over again, cos I'm dreading it.

My husband says I'm thinking about it too much a d I probably am, but it's hard not to. I just want to be normal.

• Posted

This occurs due to prolonged spasms in multiple parts of the colon according to my doc. I have experienced D with normal right behind it and then mush following that! The spasm thing makes since because it effects bowel motility. Transit time goes haywire for a time. That effects stool consistency. Ask your doc about something for the spasms. Something like Bentyl may help regulate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.