What to do if i miss a dose of my anti psychotics?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have major depression with psychotic features. I take both anti depressants and anti psychotics. Today I missed my anti psychotic pill only. I was unable to get it until the end of the day and was stuck at work. Towards about halfway through my day, lunch time, I started to feel distracted, detached, unfocused, a little dizzy. It took a huge amount of effort to focus on simple things like conversations with coworkers let alone answering customer service phone calls. I was wondering if coffee would help in this situation. I was just wondering because I know it goes deeper than just being tired. Part of it is the imbalance of chemicals in the brain. I didn't quite slip in to psychosis but I felt like i was barely hanging on. I ended up having some coffee and i did feel a little better, but I don't know if there is any science that would prove that to help. Or if I'm ever in that situation again, if anyone had sugestions

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I do not know how to help you but I want to acknowledge your post. I can not do anything other than send a hug and my best wishes are with you. Sweet dreams, be strong.
  • Posted

Hello casey, most anti psychotics work by building up in your blood, so you should be ok if you miss one or two doses, it depends on what you are on? There is a chance that your symptoms could be psychosomatic. It's not recomended, but I would take mine as soon as I remembered, it's not likely to cause any harm and it's piece of mind. Are you on Quetiapine? Al

• Posted

Missing one pill should not cause a problem. But is there a pharmacy near where you work. Your pharmacy or doctor may be able to call in a prescription or keep a couple of pills at work or on your person. Make sure they don't expire. And don't drink too much coffee . glad you got through the day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.