what to expect with a dermoid cyst.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I asked in here awhile back about peoples experience with a smaller dermoid cyst. Mine is 5CM and I see a GYN on Wednesday. I'm wondering what to expect at that appt. Its scheduled to be 45 minutes. Ive already done a pelvic ultrasound but will she repeat it? Is this dermoid causing me to be tired? I feel good the week after my period and then its 3 weeks of cramping and pain. I'm so scared she'll want to "wait and see" if it goes away on its own. Its making me miserable and I want it gone!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've got same as you but bigger. Yes it causes tiredness I've been told as I'm always like you tired for no reason. Pain comes constantly but worse after lady time.

I had my gyn last week,was 45min one too, they didn't do a new scan they talked bout history healthwise n what they found. Did internal n external check n took test swabs etc. Asked what thought n what I wanted etc. If you want it out you say so, say how you feel. They were gonna wait n see on mine for 4 weeks but I pushed, they booked me for surgery (8 week wait) so just make sure to explain your wants n tell em your symptoms!!

Hugs and good luck xxkatie

• Posted

Hi Katie2310 I thought I replied to you shortly after you commented. I guess my connection cut out. Thank you for your advice I am getting the surgery and I'm sorry for your struggles! Best of luck xx

• Posted

For anyone following I have met with my surgeon about the cyst and another surgeon about repairing an unbilical hernia. My surgery is Nov 18th. The sugeon called it a complex dermoid and has me down to remove my right ovary. I just hope this helps me in the long run. I have had a really short fuse lately that I'm guessing is related to the high testosterone? It would feel great to lose some weight so really hoping for that as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.