What treatments have other's received besides medication?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My situation started with a Brachial plexus injury 6 years ago. Diagnosed with CRPS 2 YEARS ago.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie!

So sorry you have this horrible disease of CRPS! I've had it since 2012 and diagnosed 13 months later.

I've tried a lot of different things......sympathetic nerve blocks, ganglion nerve blocks, steroid epidural injections, physical and occupational therapy, aqua therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture and every medication under the sun!

I finally had an intrathecial pain pump implanted 2 yrs ago and it has given me more relief than anything else I've tried. It's not a cure and I still have terrible days, but it has given me back a tiny bit of life back.

I was on Lyrica for awhile and it helped with the pain, but I gained 82 lbs in 5 months and started having all the side effects and had to get off it before it killed me!

I wish you all the best and pray you can find some relief!

Browneyes

• Posted

I thank you for responding. I've been on medication management for the last 6 years. Lyrica is one. I go in these cycles of I'm okay for awhile then I'm not. I live in a very small town where this has never been seen before. I've already been told the stimulator & ganglion spinal block are a no go and, will cause more issues then benefits. They've talked about the pain pump but, that's about it. Just wondering how other's deal with this. I have problems with my arm/shoulder/shoulder blade/wrist & hand. I just had deep tissue massaging done & suctioning done yesterday and, cannot believe the massive bruising I have from it.

• Posted

I was in a really bad ATV accident 3 years back, breaking my leg badly, as- well as all my nerves, tendons, muscles...my leg was a mess and was close to coming off. Many surgeries, nerve damage was simply too bad. 5 months tomorrow, I got implanted with the spinal cord stimulator, which doesn't make it go away 100%, but given me a better lease on life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.