What would 56 100mg levothyroxine tablets do to a 10st 7lb, 5ft4inch person ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wondering

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Nothing much.      You thinking of taking them all together?       There have en experiments on this where  patients were dosed once a week instead of daily, so they were gven 7 times their daily dose.     Patients did fine.

nothing in levothyroxine is active, its a storage hormone, so it is converted by the body into t3  when energy is needed.

x

• Posted

Thanks that's a great relieve !! My best friend told me she's oveddoes on that many and isn't reluctant to go to hospital!! Thank god she'll still live.

• Posted

Just double checked.....     Symptoms, if any usually happen a couple of days later....here is someone eles interpretation.....   .. " Levothyroxine overdose tends to have its biggest impact around 48 hours after taking them. Treatment, if needed, tends to be supportive - prevent overheating, ensure no dehydration, maybe paracetamol, beta blockers (usually propranolol) to help keep heart rate down."

however, why did she feel the need to od?   Maybe the hospital can offer some support?

• Posted

I've made sure she's been drinking enough water and hasn't been overheating. Wave staying at mine for a couple of days For now so I can keep a eye on her. She has been complaining about really bad headaches tho. Could this be because of the overdose?? She won't tell me why she did it and I don't think I'm going to make her tell me. I'm going to wait until she's ready

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.