What would happen if I get off meds?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been trying for stability now for ten months. A lone panic attack sent me foolishly to the doctor where he prescribed Klonopin. Not knowing it was a benzo, I took it for awhile then returned to the doctor for help getting off of it. He rx'd Lexapro and I had a reaction to it....tearful/erratic crying spells. Stopped it then tried to get off Klonopin too fast; sent me into dp/dr....Went to another doctor who put me back on lexapro...same results....went to another who lowered the lex, added Buspar with the Klonopin...still the same-crying, spacey...Went to a clinic to get help on meds; rx'd prozac and ativan....now, here I stand, no better...ten months into trial and error hades....Still spacey, foggy/feel disconnected and cry almost daily....I haven't found a good doctor to listen or monitor me. I'm thinking now of going to someone to help me get off it all but am afraid of how my brain will be then...I'm already so spacey and low. I can imagine what added hades awaits...any words of comfort or suggestion would be well received; I'm living a nightmare.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there: My cousin was on Klonopin and she weaned off it very slowly without issues. But then everyone is different, right? I'm a mess with anxiety and health issues and can't find any meds to help, although I've tried...but anti d's just don't do squat for me except make me feel worse. I take Ativan when I feel off or anxious and zopiclone to sleep. I hope you feel better soon. Not sure if you took anti d's before or if the issue is having taken the Klonopin only? Doctors are so rushed they rarely listen. I am seeing a new one on Tuesday because my old one for the past 15 years just keeps pushing anti d's on me and they don't work, but he keeps trying...plus, I think he thinks I'm a pain in the arse...wait until he gets older!! LOL!!!

Keep well. X0X0

• Posted

Thank you Catherine....I have had ssri's in the past and they did work. I'm just not sure what happened; something severely messed with my moods because that's what I notice the most...the daily crying. I pray I can get off the benzo; off the Klonopin but on Ativan now...I just pray it doesn't give me more mental health problems along the way; spaciness is not fun. Thanks again and hope you are well.

• Posted

Hi Kim, 

i am sorry that your having such a hard time with medications etc. Can I ask how long you've been on the Prozac for? I'm now in my 4th week of taking Prozac and I'm still not 100%. x

• Posted

Hi Jade....I'm on week 10 but I think my experience may be different b/c I really don't think ssri's are a fit for me....It sounds as if you've found some benefits even though not at 100 percent....I believe you might start feeling better soon...4-6 weeks some say; then others 8-12....so hang in there....thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.