What would hte trigger be in these food items?.

Posted , 7 users are following.

ight I had a GUU zillionaire cheescake and 6 dark chocolate digestives.

at about 11pm, within the hour the worst episode I have had for a long time started.

What in those food items would have triggered the episode? the chocolate, the sugar, the wheat or the small ammount of caffiene in the chocolate.

Or was it because i ate so late?.

Ive stopped drinking caffeinated drinks altogether now and fizzy drinks.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

beginning of post should read "Last night"

my apologies for my bad typing on my phone.

• Posted

Hi Andrew I'm thinking it may be the chocolate ? I ate a box of chocolates a while ago that same night had to go to hospital it was quite bad not touched it since but the whole wheat in the digestive might have irritated your vagal nerve hope your feeling better today , Bea

• Posted

Hi Bea

yes feeling much better today thanks, was falling asleep at my pc at work but managed to work 8 to 6pm without snoring away in full view!!!

• Posted

Glad to hear that and iv just resisted the temptation to eat a muffin so close to my bedtime so thank you 😊👍

• Posted

All of the above I'm afraid. sad

• Posted

oh dear Sandinista, I've been putting it off but I think a visit to a nutritionist is in order to "sort out " my typically Scottish salt sugar and fat laden diet 😐

• Posted

I'd say the combination of ALL the ingredients and the timing and when that combines with what sort of day you had - bingo - the AF goes off.     The final thing you do is just the hair that breaks the camels back  in my opinion.    It's quite typical for it to happen to me after a 'test' at the hospital  or an appointment! 

• Posted

Thanks Kate, it's tap water and boiled Everton mints tonight then eary night at 11pm , hopefully event free!!

• Posted

Unfortunately the nuitrition v. AF seems to be a trial & error process & very individual - but if you keep notes of what you are doing/eating, a pattern may emerge....

• Posted

Hi Andrew I agree definitley a combination of chocolate and the wheat stimulating vegas nerve, I have been told it is not necassarily the wheat but the protien in the wheat that is our problem, having said that we all have different triggers, I was reading an article that said there is a thing called Tyramine in lots of foods that is the tigger for AF, 11pm to late to eat you need to go to bed on an empty stomach.

L

• Posted

Hi Andrew. I had a hair root analysis done and it came back with 9 foods l am sensitive to - one of them was wheat. There were also lots of additives- l had already worked out that nos 200-230 put me in af. Drinks set me off quicker than food which takes up to 24 hrs to affect me. Lots of trial and error.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.