Wheezing

Posted , 7 users are following.

Due to the recent small heatwave we have had, I have found myself wheezing for the last week, this is new to me having this wheezing.  Has anyone got it since the heatwave?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a weeze most times however in this hot humid weather my chest has been really bad not being able to breath or part company with any phlem as sticks and chokes me, dr wont do any thing until he gets a sample, the reason i went because of all this. He just told me to increase my mucodyne tabs to see if that will thin the phlem to enable me to produce a sample to date nothings happening
  • Posted

I could hardly breathe last Wednesday when the temperature and pressure were so high. I can cope with rain and gentle snow but extreme heat and humidity make me wheeze and cause me to feel as if I am breathing through sludge! I am better now it's cool. I think it's a common symptom even if you don't usually have trouble breathing.
  • Posted

Hi Mysticzam,

Hope this cooler weather has been better today. I have also found it difficult in the heat but also have had an infection to cope with.

Keep well.

Lorraine

• Posted

Hi Lorraine

I wish it was lol but has been continuing to cough cough cough and bring up phelm and still have the wheezing I am living on my inhaler at the moment.

• Posted

My peak flow dropped about 15% during these hot days. The heat also coincided with a strong flow of air from the south. I was wondering, do you think what set us off  was the dusty, Saharan sand filled, polluted from the continent air? In other words not the heat, but the pollution and dust? I noticed this morning that I had bounced straight back up on my peak flow with  the early morning rain and shift of wind direction. (FYI live in south east of England)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.