Wheezing and feeling breathing "fumes"

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I'm 19 weeks pregnant after a week of on and off headaches popping sinuses and weird smells I then began to have the feeling I'm suffocating /breathing fumes ( I know weird)

Saturday night I felt exhausted I had rib ache and woke upearly hours with throat and chest pain in the morning I awoke to wheezing and a feeling my throat is full I hacked up yellow and green so thought chest infection then today ive again coughing constantly and wheezing constantly feeling ny throat full but no so much the mucus even though it's still there may be harder to get up does this sound like a chest infection they is no way I can get to doctors today no transport and its a 40 min walk and downpours I do have a inhaler I need to pick up tomorrow because I rnag to ask for one to see if its asthma again but I also have my scan tomorrow so can't make a doctors appointment anyone know what this could be / sound familiar ?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Steph it does sound like an infection. You poor thing. One thing if you are in England the junior doctors are on strike tomorrow, so things may be busy at the hospitals. 
    • Posted

Oh no I'm not getting a good breathe at all now im from England yes my chest is so tight and hurting I think my anxiety is playing up too though but thos wheeze is horrible should I ring emergency doctors ?
    • Posted

The junior doctor strike tomorrow excludes emergencies luckily, although the ones on the 8th Dec and 16th Dec are all out strikes. I don't know the effect they will have. I would have thought most GP surgeries will not have anyone on strike though, it will be the hospitals. Hope your scan goes well tomorrow.
    • Posted

Looks like the junior doctors have suspended their strike.
  • Posted

I'm so sorry, definitely sounds like infection!!!! If you have fever can be pnuemonia not to scare you. Get it checked out immediately though. Especially because you're pregnant!!!! For now hot steamy baths or stand in bathroom to breath in steam! This helps infections and any breathing issues you have due to infection!!! Very best of luck to you. Also call your dr emergency after hours or off work. Docs will take things like this seriously.
  • Posted

Thanks all I went to emergency doctors he said he will give me amoxicillian 500 3 times a day I've started them tonight .

My oxygen stats was 95 which worried me I was so put of breathe talking to him je aaod he would normally gove steroids but because I'm pregnant he doesn't want to I have to go back to doctors in 3 days of it doesn't improve the wheezing has calmed but I still have breathing problems also I have a vwry violent chesty cough I feel more unwell now because I feel tiered and dizzy sad

My scan went great though I'm having a healthy little boy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.