When did u get rid off your urethritis when u had reiters?

Posted , 5 users are following.

The ones of you that had urethritis involved in your Reiters, what was your symptom and when did it disappeared? Did u get any treatment that worked for aliviating the uncumphy feeling? Please help ;((

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi i still have this UTI type symptoms that never seems to go away. It does only if I take Flagyl and stay on it. 

Have you tried any meds?

Doxy, Cipro, bactrim, Flagyl, Z-Pack?

Reactive Arthritis is cause by a bug. Don't let stupid doctors tell you that its autoimmune and it will go away, it will NOT

• Posted

Well i got persistent urethritis after an treaten chlamydia infection. Have had RA before after a bowel infection but got rid of it. That's why I think this is RA.i have tried doxy, cipro and flagyl...as urethritis can be one of the symptoms in Ra I guess that a lot of people have experienced it but I can't find any info how long they had to deal with it... ;((
    • Posted

Yea at least you know what cause you arthetis. In my case they haven't found anything.

So here is what I'm thinking with 2 years of this crap and abx and visit to infection disease doc.

Doc have no clue how to treat this for sure. Rehummy is useless he will give u pain meds.

Since yours was cause by chlamydia you need to ask your doc for minocycline 100mg more powerful than doxy

Take it for 3 months. It will know chlamydia out of every joint . Also start taking NaC vitamin with it this removes dead toxins.

You do that your ReA will be in remisson.

How did they find chlamydia??

Ive done so many culture and Chlamydia test after prostate massage nothing.

Do u have prostatitis symptoms?

My theory is we have infection in prostate causing constant immune mediate reaction leading to arthritis.

Doctors will not acknowledge this. Remember physician are highly paid educated consultant. Your just a number.

• Posted

How are your symptoms? Frequent urination? Burning when urination?
  • Posted

Only in remission time I got rid of urethritis symptoms. In time of acute disease I ve had still symptoms of urethritis. It changes mild to severe time to time.

You can use some abx and nsaids to help. Especially pyridiuM and trimetoprim are the abx that can work. If your symptoms are severe a dmard can help you.

• Posted

Hi Jack, I started taking Trimethoprim and my stinigng aftre urination went away. Is this placebo? or inflammatory of Abx or Did the Abx cure killed the bacteria?

You mention to take trimethoprim to ease pain , is this temp?

• Posted

Mine was temporary. Symptoms went away when I was using pyridium and trimetoprim. However when I gave up they started again.

I think it is only imfalmmatory. when I was using cipro the symptoms gone either.

Now I am using a drug for neurologic bladder. It helps too.

• Posted

I have had these symptom sfor 3.5 years as the doctors were unable to come to any conclusionas to why this was happening to me. URethritis, uncomfortable wetness, urethra sticking together, prickly sweaty feeling, extreme urgency, etc.. I just got diagnosed with this as i finally have had a positive chylamidia test after 4 negative ones. Im hoping it resolves, but it has been two weeks and i can feel the urethritis lingering around.

It makes it tough to stay positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.