When will this Darn Cough stop

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had this cough since May this year and despite , nasal drops etc I am still barking , I feel such a twit, coughing, my eyes cry, I dont know why I wear make up because it is on for about 5 mins.   When will it ever go.  I have tried most cough syrups etc.  I sleep propped up on a 4 pillows.   The doctors says it could be post nasal drip because I also have to keep blowinmg my nose.

I dont believe there is a cure.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would strongly advise you request a hospital referal, a cough lasting this long should be investigated properly.
  • Posted

The cough you are having could be a case of Stridor, Stridor there are no meds or surgerys that can correct it I have been hoping I can just give my lenghty disease which experience to others lie yourself to help you along with what you cakk a bark it could vey be something is just stuck in your throat that would be the best news to hear for sure.

• Posted

HIya have you never been offered a chest xray?? if not ask for one.. you coud have broanchitus or something.. i just had chest xray and fortunatley all clear cos i have a stupid annoying cough. keep strong. 
  • Posted

It could be rhinitis - allergies. Try taking an antihistamine tablet each night, such as citirizine or loratidine. This worked for me.
  • Posted

I will  mention the antihistamine tablet to the doctor when I speak to her next time.  I actually spoke to a different doctor the last time and she suggested a blood test to test for allergies and suggested the Ear Nose and Throat people.    My doctor is all but useless and this is why this has dragged on for months.      Thank you so much for your encouragement it is appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.