When will this med kick in for good?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! Me again! ☺️

Ive been on cit for 6 weeks now. 3 weeks on 10mg, 1 week on 15mg now 2 weeks on 20mg. I felt fantastic last week (the first week of taking 20mg) but now this week the anxietys back, shaky inside, panic attacks, strangling feeling, etc. Is this maybe because the 20mg is just now kicking in and it will settle eventually? I hope this isnt how I'm going to feel on this med, i really do not want to try another one. Any insight would be helpful!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It took about two months for mine to settle down at 20mg. Hang in there. It saved my life.
  • Posted

Hi, Just try and be a little patient for a bit longer. Six weeks is the average for these tablets to start working but in some cases it could be a bit longer. Hope you are soon feeling better.
  • Posted

Hi Andrielle,

I would give it a good chnace of getting into the system I had barely gotten thru the side effects after that long..... if you still feel that its too much see your doc he/she may be able to review dosage? You should be feeling like mud on citalopram once youve past the side effects which btw is months potentially not weeks so hang i there once its take effect you will feel good and the anxuiety/depression will subside! all the best my friend x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.