Where to get Urolift procedure in UK?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone know which hospitals in the UK can offer the Urolift procedure on the NHS? 

I am in the south of england, near Portsmouth. Is there a list of hospitals anywhere?

Currently on Tamsulosin andwWant my sex life back!

Thanks

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

There is a list of surgeons doing Urolift on the Urolift website.  This should help to see where they practice.  If you go privately there is wider choice I believe.

I am to have a Urolift at Frimley Part Hospital on 14th August ....

• Posted

Thanks again mike. Ive looked on the website and, as you said, there is quite a good list of hospitals offering the procedure. I have in fact found a couple not too far from me. No its just a case of getting my GP to refer me.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Peter

Best of luck.  I had several sessions with the surgeon to determine whether I was suitable for the procedure before being booked in for the operation...

Actually my protate is almost too large for this but I am hoping for some improvement ...

Best Mike

• Posted

Fingers crossed for you Mike. Do let us know how you get on.

Pete

• Posted

What exactly is the urolift procedure?
    • Posted

It is a "This minimally invasive system which opens up the blocked urethra by lifting or holding enlarged prostate tissue out of the way. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue". Advantages are that it is very low risk, is quick with no overnight stay required (usually in and out in an hour or so), Normally no catheter inserted, no further requirement for drugs (i.e. tamsulosin etc) and most importantly (for me)  it is claimed that there are NO side effects adversly affecting sexual function e. g. dry or retrograde ejactulation  and no ED. So sexual performance should be restored to normal.

There have been some very good reports from members on this site who have had the procedure and are extremely pleased with the results. If you search Urolift in this forum you should locate them.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Jim.

I did provide a link to the Urolift UK website in my last post but, inexplicably, the link was removed by moderators!!!

The link did not break any rules, was very relevant to your question and did not advertise a particular product other than information about the procedure and since Urolift is a unique procedure which is only available by their approved surgeons, there is no commercial interest or conflict here. Most of us are on here to gather useful acurate information and its not very helpful when moderators remove access to that information. So sorry about that.

If you google Urolift you should find the website but make sure you locate the UK site and not the US site. You will get all the info you need from the site. The Urolift system and procedure is approved by NICE and is available on the NHS.

https://www.urolift.co.uk/

Emis Moderator comment: The link was removed as users can easily find it using Google. I don't have time to ensure every link is valid and at first glance looked commercial/private company. I have edited it back in above. If you don't want to wait for moderation or links are removed you can pass them on using the Private message service until approved or reinstated.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Moderator - "I don't have time ......." ?? !!!!!!
    • Posted

Sorry, bad wording. What I meant was I get so many links posted I do not have time to check all of the "About Us" pages on the sites linked so on occasion a valid link may get removed. As I said above at first glance this looked like a commercial company and could easily be found using Google. If a link is ever removed you feel shouldn't then send me a Private Message for review or reasons. 

Regards,

Alan

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.