White marks on vaginal opening *pics* help please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, for about a 1.5 now I've been experiencing pain around the opening of my vagina. I've attributed it to birth control, stress, a yeast infection, and put off getting checked. Sex is extremely painful upon insertion, I feel like I am "tearing" on the bottom of my vaginal opening near my perineum. Several days ago I noticed I have 3 small white "scars" there. They look almost like stretch marks, there are rectangular (long and thin not round spots maybe a cm in length?) that are wrinkly and rough to the touch, running underneath those marks there are also red marks that look the same (kinda of stretch mark like) but they look raw and pink. I'm in a monogamous relationship with my husband for the last 5 years, I had a child (via cesarean) 2.5 years ago (so no episiotomy). It was about 1 year after my child was born that it became painful to have sex and it felt like I was "tearing". I experience dryness and what feels like a narrowing of my vaginal opening, please help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alysa

Sounds like the same problems that I have. I am a 36yr old female. I was diagnosed with Lichen Scerosus. I think you should make a appt with your GYN. They can test if that is what you have. If it is, the sooner you find out and start treating it, the better! Good Luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.