White spots not going away.....

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a few questions regarding the exspectation of healing in regards to the white blotches of skin. Currently I have more white blotches of skin than I do regular skin on the inside of my vagina lips. I haven't had any major break out in a long time with the exception of 1 or 2 minor tears that was easily healed with my clob ointment. My question is should I use the clob ointment when I am not having a flar up and/or or should I use coconut oil daily as a regiment to conditions the skin and help improve the white blotches of skin. If I begin using coconut oil should I purchase pure organic coconut oil will any coconut oil do?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

For me - regular use of glob is important.  That in combo with diet and coconut oil plus baking soda rinses and baths. 
    • Posted

Thanks for that information. Do you have a daily regimen that you use? Should I use the coconut oil and do baking soda rinses or bath even when I am not having flare-ups? I am worried about using so many products and the chances of getting a yeast infection.
    • Posted

Also what kind of coconut oil should I use. There are so many to choose from.......organic, natural etc. 
    • Posted

I used to do the baking soda rinse with Perin bottle (three pinches of baking soda)  after every bathroom visit.  But sometimes it is too complicated while away and then I dare to skip, but only once.  I take a baking soda bath (1/3 cup) every other day and take my time.  (with the bath I also add tea tree oil - short shake of the bottle)  Glob is only twice a week now.  On the day that I don't do a baking soda bath I take a little time to do dilation.  On top of all that I take hormone replacement - estrogen and progesterone.  And then of course the diet yet:  no sugar, no alcohol, no gluten, limited dairy. (cheeses give me almost an immediate ls reaction)  

It looks like I'm living too strict a life, but it works.  Better this than having to cope with scary ls flare ups and fusions.  I'm almost without white patches and fusions.  Hard work but worth it.

Coconut oil I buy in the supermarket, sometimes in the healthfood store, depending on the price.  Most claim to be organic, but who's to tell.

• Posted

Yeah, it's tough being on a strict diet, but really from your description of where you were not that long ago it seems like you had no choice, and really, peace of mind is everything, you listened to your body and acted accordingly...with good results, which must be a huge relief I would have thought.
    • Posted

You're right Guppy, I hope I will never have to go that route again.  It was not only physically draining but even worse, it took its mental toll as well.  

People do not often talk about the mental aspect. This site, all the people here helped to keep me sane.   

• Posted

Just let me add my two cents.  I use coconut oil twice a day. Moring and night before retiring.  My bottle has the words natural, organic and pure. It is not really very expensive because it will last at least two years or more. I filled an empty make-up jar and keep it in my bathroom.  The spray after each bathroom use (water and baking soda) is not really adding any products because that nutrilizes anything left on the skin (urine) it keeps you clean and fresh which helps to keep the itch down.   Keeping well moisturized with coconut oil stops the dryness and will help in healing as well. Hope this helps a little
  • Posted

I have had the same white plaques of  skin, inside my labia minora too, and it is what sent me to see my Gyno in the first place, and perhaps I was fortunate, but through applying the Clob twice a day, for around ten days days they disappeared and have never returned. I don't know what other people think, but I don't think I would want to be continually applying the Clob in this particular area constantly, unless you are experiencing discomfort as the Clob is really only supposed to be used on the outside of the Vagina, not on the mucosa of the labia minora.  For maintenance, spraying after using the bathroom, and always using some kind of lubrication, like coconut oil, Emu oil or even vaseline, especially before bed should work well.
  • Posted

Depending on your age – I'm 63 – my gynae seems to feel fading to white is part of aging, so I don't have much expectation that what is white will become pink. I'm happy not to have itching, soreness, fusing or tearing. I'm continuing to use my ointment every third night, but Guppy's way is an option I read about in a paper on LS. Doctors are not in agreement about the use of Clobetasol.
    • Posted

It's true, doctors aren't in agreement with regard the use of Clobetasol, many doctors give quite different suggestions, which is worrying. The truth is you need to be your own advocate with this condition and find out what works for you. 
    • Posted

Thank you , this thread is such a support and necessary entity to those of us that have this condition. I appreciated all of the support and knowledge. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.