Why am i always hungry

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I eat a very healthy diet, and I exercise, but I seem to be hungry all the time.  I have my breakfast around 7.45am porridge with cinammon and a teaspoon of honey, topped with either fresh raspberries or fresh blueberries.  At around 9.30 in work I have a banana, but some days my stomach is rumbling and I am really hungry by 9am and try to hold of until 9.30 to eat the banana.  I then snack on fruit all morning before lunch, sometimes having about 4 satsumas, as well as an apple, a nectarine, a plum and a kiwi.  There is no way that I can get through to lunch time without having several pieces of fruit in the morning.  I have made an omelette for my lunch today which I have brought to work in my lunch box, and then will have greek yogurt afterwards.  I will then go on to eat more fruit this afternoon, probably about 3 pieces as well as a handful of nuts.  Once I have had my evening meal, I am okay, but dont understand why I am always feeling hungry during the daytime.  My stomach rumbles like it hasnt had food for hours and I just feel ravenous.  I do drink water, throughout the day so it is not dehydration.  Is anyone else like this?

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You're practically eating nothing but carbohydrates so you metabolism faster need to add more protein to your diet,
    • Posted

I thought maybe I was eating too much fruit? I am the same if I have protein for breakfast as sometimes I will have grilled bacon with scrambled eggs or omelette.  
    • Posted

Have you tried adding seeds to your diet? Pumpkin seeds, quinoa, aramanth etc. Have you got a grinder for grinding seeds? Then you could add them to your yoghurt, porridge, meals etc.

This is just off the top of my head. Oh and nuts; they're full of protein.

• Posted

I know, thats why the docs sum it up as ibs, no real diagnosis because they cant figure it out. I try diff things all the time, like cut out all carbs for two weeks and see what happens.
    • Posted

Hi and thanks for your reply.  I do have seeds and nuts, I sprinkle seeds on my porridge or yogurt some days, I normally have a handful of nuts as a snack too and I do have quinoa once or twice a week.  I think maybe I was overdoing the exercise because I had a few more rest days and when I do dont feel so bad
    • Posted

That's really good! I've been wondering why I'm hungry so often, craving sweet things, and from what I've read I might be eating too much fruit. Apparently it feeds the reward system of the brain and I think it sets up cravings.

It's better if you eat yoghurt or something with it. I've started watering my fruit juice and I'm going to be more careful about how much I eat and which fruits.

• Posted

Thats the trouble, but I love fruit, and do crave it so makes sense.  I am going to try and cut down a bit and see if that helps.  Thanks
    • Posted

I love it too and I don't eat anything else sweet, like cakes or anything. I'm just glad I found out to eat something with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.