Why can i feel every beat!?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I understand that alot of people in this forum have heart anxiety.

But I literally can feel every single heartbeat! I don't mean I'm having palpitations or panicking I mean I can feel every single beat in my chest when it's in a normal rhythm it's driving me crazy coz it just distracts me all the time! I don't have to put my hand on my chest or check my pulse to find out my heart rate because it's that strong I could just count it by concentrating on my chest, surely this can't be normal I have never been able to feel my heartbeat in my chest ever before!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Me too I always feel mine and can see my chest moving but my boyfriend says I can't cos he can't feel his at all. But I can and then I get skipped beats and they terrify me. Do you ever get skipped beats?
    • Posted

Yeah I do! I wonder if I'd notice them though if I couldn't feel every single beat, I can also see it on my chest and my stomach too x
    • Posted

I had a skipped beat yesterday and it was like a massive thud in my chest it frightened me so much!! I have to say I am a anxious person and have suffered all my life I'm 22 but only since last year have I noticed these awful symptoms x
    • Posted

Yeah I know how you feel I'm 23 and have been this way since I was about 15 but the heart thing has been in the last year xx
  • Posted

It sometimes happens to me at night, if I lay on my left side I can hear every beat, and if I get a missed beat it terrifies me, and then I just get more & more anxious and then all the other symptoms start, it's horrible x

• Posted

That is me too! But I can also hear it in my ear 24/7. I can also see my shirt bouncing from the beat. I can count my heart rate by listening to my ear beat. It is obnoxious
  • Posted

I suppose it is kinda making me feel a bit better to know I'm not the only one! It really does drive you crazy though doesn't it? It is just so distracting I feel I may be fine some days if it wasn't for my heart xx
    • Posted

Aimee, I like to look at it now as its great that my heart is beating! Make it a positive. When it starts bothering me, I say, "thank you God for such a strong heart!" It helps to think good of it.
    • Posted

I may try that! At least I'm here to be feeling it you have a good point!
  • Posted

I had it for some months even when it was completely relaxed but now I don't.  Sure, my heart is now always on the 50's when I wake up and only goes up to 70 on day time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.