Why have i been asked to attend a back to work interview when on pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am getting standard rate living and mobility pip, my husband now gets carers allowance so why have I been asked to attend a back to work interview? Im puzzled

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Im 9n enchanced daily living and i have been asked to go to a work reveiw assesment.it is because you are on esa support group and they want to yry and get to into the work related .if you need to send in as much medical notes you can to justyfy staying in the support group.iv sent everything relating to myself just waiting for their response as to i go to a assesment or not
    • Posted

Hi Jackie thankyou for reply I'm not on esa, my husband gets income support for us both since he had to give up work

• Posted

You have a PIP standard rate award for care and mobility and your husband no longer works but claims Carers Allowance for looking after you and because of that you have opted to make a joint Income Support claim.

The obvious question that the DWP will be asking is what are either of you doing about getting back into work. Conveniently you are allowed to claim IS which has no conditionality attached to it – no job searching (JSA) and no proving that sickness is stopping either of you from working (ESA).

This is no different to those that opt to jump from ESA or JSA onto Pension Credit – it avoids searching for work, signing on, sending in sick notes and passing regular health assessments.

You are being asked to go along to see how, with help from the JC+ you can get back into the workplace. You have to remember that many claimants of PIP, even at the enhanced level actually work full time.

They don’t want to see a couple languishing on benefits without having to prove that they are either looking for work or are too sick to work.

Much the same as when a child reaches 2, the mother has to report to the JC+ if she is claiming benefits to explain what she is now doing to start actively looking for work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.