why is my anxiety so bad in a morning

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there been reading lots of comments on this site so here I go. I have suffered from anxiety and depression for two years now but recently it seems to have got worse I've now developed other symptoms like shortness of breath mild headaches pins and needles sometimes I feel nauseous and I have blurred vision in now worrying that I've developed something serious I am frightened to go to my gp I have had chest xray and ecg all come back normal but still cant get it in my head. I have had councelling which helped forba while but then my partner left me and that started my financial problems its now all spiralled out of control I'm only better when I'm asleep and even then I waken up after having weird dreams. I don't know what to do anymore someone please help thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hilary, your symptoms sound very familiar and common. Please - go see your doctor asap as he/she can help you. I too am dealing with anxiety that seems overwhelming at times so I understand your concerns but am too new in the treatment/recovery process to give you good advice other than go see your dr soon.

That is the first/hardest step but I am confident you will be glad you did. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi thank you for your concern in going back to my GP next week to see if he can change my medication which isn't helping at all I do try to overcome it but the phsical ailments get to much and I just worry more and the slightest thing triggers it off. I've had chest xrays and ecgs all come back normal so I suppose that's something. I hope your ok take care.

• Posted

Hi Hilary. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Remember it all too well. It is worse in the morning because a/your defenses are always a little  down after sleep - even bad quality sleep b/ your sleep is not regenerative under anxiety c/ you are overwhelmed by the notion of having to somehow make it through the entire day battling your tension and dealing with your financial, practical and emotional problems.

Not sure if knowing why it is worse in the mornings will help you any. It did not help me at first either. To this day, years after therapy, when I am tense or stressed, mornings are the hardest.

What medication are you on?

The first advice i received in early therapy was to take frequent showers/baths and do whatever i possibly can to keep my muscles relaxed. It took conscious effort to remind myself to relax my muscles throughout the day. This is how wound up I was. I was asked to reduce coffee to bare minimum, no stimulants, reduce smoking or quit and eat easy to digest food. I had to treat myself as if recovering from flu. It helped start the process. I drank lots of chamomile tea to aid in muscle relaxation and improve sleep quality.

One reminder only: all this will pass - it will change. Maybe you will surprise yourself too. It is what it is, you know why you are struggling now - it makes sense. You are undergoing some major changes. You will come through much better equipped than before. And much better off. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.